Wreck Of Edmund Fitzgerald

Ulf

Nov 29, 2001
Visit site
I just made my first visit to the JP web site in quite a while. I see there was a link for a cover version of Gordon Lightfoot's "Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald." Could somebody please email a copy of this? My email is rudo888@hotmail.com. I've always loved this song, and gotta hear JP cover it!

Thanks,
Ulf

Ulf said:
I just made my first visit to the JP web site in quite a while. I see there was a link for a cover version of Gordon Lightfoot's "Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald." Could somebody please email a copy of this? My email is rudo888@hotmail.com. I've always loved this song, and gotta hear JP cover it!

Thanks,
Ulf

Yeah, me too! My email is sw-625@lycos.com. I'd be up for an email of it too, but it might be better for Zac to just post it for download, rather than having to send it to each of us. How about it, webmaster? :headbang:

secret_weapon said:
Yeah, me too! My email is sw-625@lycos.com. I'd be up for an email of it too, but it might be better for Zac to just post it for download, rather than having to send it to each of us. How about it, webmaster? :headbang:

I tried to e-mail the song to you too, but my message got bounced back.
Do you have another e-mail address?

And how do you like Black Empire? I have both Force Of Evil-CDs and I really like the first one. Black Empire is more of the same IMHO, but something's lacking, and I don't know what.

Mr Blackwell said:

And how do you like Black Empire? I have both Force Of Evil-CDs and I really like the first one. Black Empire is more of the same IMHO, but something's lacking, and I don't know what.

Try this email:

secretweapon@baconbit.net

Black Empire? I thought it was pretty good, although not quite what I was hoping for. It's nice and raw and riffy, like the first one, but I was kind of hoping they would branch out into the more epic style of old Mercyful Fate, now that they've been together awhile. On a basic level, it's still pretty cool, though.

Mr Blackwell said:

The answer to what is lacking is King Diamond! What else could it be?!!
Shermann & Denner's riffing is excellent as always, but with all these members of Mercyful Fate & Hal from King's band, their sound just makes go "Where's King?"

Mr Blackwell said:

Got it! Thanks Mr. Blackwell! Although whatever the band is doing with it now, I will check it out and support it anyway.

As for King Diamond, he has a killer voice, but I get a little tired of his vocal antics after awhile, just because he seems to rely on the same few tricks most of the time, which have a love it/ hate it quality to them. Oh well, Force Of Evil, Mercyful Fate, KD, it's still all good stuff.:headbang:

SickBoy said:
Oh, so that's what it is, a limited Wreck... 7" vinyl for "Bang Your Head" :D

Yes, that's it!

It's a very limited edition (500 copies) 7" of 'The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald' and 'The Mission'. It's got a great full color sleeve too.

We never actually did a 7" vinyl before, so this will be cool.

Mark

Briody said:
Yes, that's it!

It's a very limited edition (500 copies) 7" of 'The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald' and 'The Mission'. It's got a great full color sleeve too.

We never actually did a 7" vinyl before, so this will be cool.

Mark
Can we order fromt he site? And when can you expect it to go on sale?

Yes, we'll have some for the website. We're also going to be giving a few away (details coming in a while).

Century Media says this will sell out immediatley, but I have some on hold.

Mark