James hetfield in rehab

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
METALLICA STATEMENT TO THE FANS

To Our Friends:

We would like you all to know that James Hetfield has entered a rehabilitation facility to undergo treatment for alcoholism and other
addictions.

James has entered an undisclosed facility, and he will continue to receive treatment until further notice. Until then, we have postponed all
current activities, including recording sessions for our new album, as well as the July 29th launch party for metallica.com.

We have always thought of you all as family, and wanted you to know before this information gets out through other sources. James is
working hard toward recovery, and needless to say he has our full support. We trust that you will appreciate the sensitive nature of this
matter, and respect our wishes to give James the time and privacy he needs to deal with his problems.

Until then, thank you in advance for keeping James in your thoughts and prayers, and we look forward to continuing to share music with you
in the future.
----------------------------------------------

Bloody hell, this shocked the hell out of me, I hope he gets better soon, even though they arent very good as a band now, its still sad to see.

I read that too, quite qorrying isn't it.

'Other Addictions'?:(

One of the Backstreet Boys is in Rehab too, maybe they should get together and write a few songs. ;)

Yeah I know, it is a bit strange them saying "other addictions" as well as alcohol.....

What the hell is going on with metallica lately, it just seems to be all bad news. I think they need a couple of years off, they would have to be the hardest touring band ever, and it seems that 20 years of it has finally caught up with them.

Good one about the backstreet boys sydo :lol:

I think when they say other addictions they mean pain killers, this is likely because James' back is fucked and as you may remember he couldnt perform on a few dates on the summer sanitarium tour.
It's unlikely it would be drugs like heroin or some shit.

Hes alwasy been against taking stuff like that.....

Maybe they could remove that giant cucumber from his arse while he's there. It appears to have restricted his ability to write a single fucking good album since 1988. :)

Originally posted by Ducks
I think when they say other addictions they mean pain killers, this is likely because James' back is fucked and as you may remember he couldnt perform on a few dates on the summer sanitarium tour.

You could be right. I sort of hope so.

Originally posted by Winmar
Maybe they could remove that giant cucumber from his arse while he's there. It appears to have restricted his ability to write a single fucking good album since 1988. :)

Hey... the Black album rocked!!! :D Hehehe..

i think this may be the end for metallica if its true,
they really should just quit before they get even more embarrassing
ps the black album does rule.

Black album was ok........but what the hell's with songs like Sad But True? Yaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn!

I remember mags like Hot Metal pondered at the time whether Metallica had sold out with that album. They obviously didn't know what drivel was to follow!

Originally posted by ironcross
I suppose you can't be called a musician until you have been to rehab at least once or twice in your life.

Im planning my trip in the next year or two

:lol: Cool. Maybe I'll join you if I can fit it in between my psychiatric self-help classes while still being able to meet my parole requirements for that damned assault and battery conviction. :p

Originally posted by Winmar
Black album was ok........but what the hell's with songs like Sad But True? Yaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn!

Sad but true rules! Durgh... dugh dugh nanernanernanew what a riff :)

Apologies to all Metallica fans here (are there any left?), but I simply have to post this:

GROUP FACILITATOR WITH BARGAIN BASEMENT PSYCHOLOGY DEGREE: Welcome to your first therapy session, Mr Hetfield. Would you like to share a few details about yourself with the group?

JAMES: Uh, sure, OK. My name's James and I'm in a band who used to be really good. I wrote my last great song... ummmm... (counts on fingers) thirteen years and five albums ago. (Sob!) I just can't take it anymore, man! This is too hard...

GFWBBPD: It's all right, James. You're among friends here. Is there anything else you'd like to tell us about?

JAMES: I don' t always feel comfortable in my own skin, doc. In fact , sometimes I think...

GFWBBPD: Go on.

JAMES: I think... I'm a wolf! YEAH-YEEEAAAHHH!!

GFWBBPD: I see. Why don't you sit down and tell me more?

JAMES: Thanks, but I'm not allowed on the furniture

GFWBBPD: All right, then. Can you tell me when you first
noticed these wolf-like tendencies creeping into your daily life?

JAMES: I think it all began when father refused to take me to the circus. I was a fragile child...

I'll skilfully duck the succession of things being thrown at me, and add that I enjoyed the black album (it's the only Metallica CD I own), but it was way overexposed and not quite in the same league as the first four.

W

Enter Sandman is one of my favourite Metallica songs but i really wasn't very impressed with the rest of the BlacK Album (obviously the beginning of the end of Metallica)The first four albums are sensational.Kill em' All is my favourite Metallica album and probably one of my all-time favourite albums,although Sanitarium and Battery are probably my two favourite songs by Metallica.

I think the Black album is actually very good. Sad but True is overrated though. Anything after the Black album is shite as far as I'm concerned. Master of Puppets was a great album. And Justice For All would have been so much better if there had been some bass in the mix.
The best aspect of the black album is the production. Bob Rock did an awesome job and the sound on that album still impresses me.
Anyone know where I can apply for the Metallica bass position haha?

Haha, yeah james does go overboard with his "yeah baby" and "oh yeahs" in songs now, he thinks he is a country singer! :)

Bob Rock is a great producer :) Unfortunately he had to work on Load and Reload which sucked though.

But Bob rules... he's produced some of my favourite albums ever:
Skid Row - Slave To The Grind
Bon Jovi - Slippery and Jersey
Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood

And I think he did a fine job on the black album.