James leaves Megadeth

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
MEGADETH have parted ways with bassist James MacDonough. In a posting on the band's official forum, James wrote, "I just wanted to say thank you all so much for making me feel so welcome and thank you for all the awesome memories along the road. I will not be playing with MEGADETH any longer. I'm sure Dave [Mustaine, MEGADETH mainman] will post about it soon. Thanks again my metal brothers and sisters."

It was only five days ago (Feb. 5) that MacDonough posted a message on the MEGADETH message board indicating that he was very much "looking forward" to playing at the Desert Rock 2006 festival in Dubai, United Arab Emirates on March 16, adding that he would "document the trip" for the fans.

Could MacDonough's departure signal the return of MEGADETH's original bassist David Ellefson? In a a February 4, 2006 online posting on the band's web site, Mustaine wrote, "I said it before, [and] I'll say it again: I once was resentful, but now I am over the feuds with METALLICA, Ellefson, whomever. I have actually met with Ellefson one-on-one for dinner last year around [Christmas] to just clear the air and let him know I have no hard feelings and wanted to remain friends with him. We have talked on the phone numerous times since."

MEGADETH's scheduled appearance at the Desert Rock 2006 festival in Dubai, United Arab Emirates on March 16 is not expected to be affected by MacDonough's departure. **********************************************************

Hmmmm, MegaDave is stirring the waters? Wonder why the new guy left... In anycase if this means the return of Junior then I may be inclined to look upon Megadeth again in the future (still miss Feldman and Menza tho).

I don't know what to think of this. I guess it's cool if Jr. comes back, but I think MacDonough is a better bass player. This is to be expected being a Megadeth fan I suppose. I'm glad the Drover brothers are sticking around, for now anyway? We shall see what happens in the coming months. I still think they will put out thier best album since RIP.

If Ellefson comes back, that would be pretty sweet, but honestly, it doesn't matter that much (to me, anyways) who they get; Dave probably wouldn't let them contribute to the writing. Kind of odd though, seeing as things seemed to be going great. I'm REALLY anxious to hear what their new material would sound like.

Did my nonchalant, uninspired post live up to your expectations?:loco:

I thought of something though...what's going on with Iced Earth nowadays? I haven't heard any news about them, and maybe James is going back? It's just a wild guess though, it probably has to do with a dispute related to Megadeth.

As far as I know, I think Tim Owens said recently that Jon Schaffer in about to commence work on a new Iced Earth.
So James reappearing there wouldn't shock me.