James Murphy talks on Anti_American Feeling!

painergrey

Jul 15, 2004
Norway's Imhotep 'zine recently asked more than 60 heavy metal and hard rock musicians to answer the following question regarding the current political situation in the world: What's your opinion on the rising tide of the anti-American sentiment around the world and to what would you attribute this?

Among the musicians that took part in this "survey" were the following:

Adam Bomb
Alan Nemtheanga (PRIMORDIAL)
Albert Bouchard (BLUE ÖYSTER CULT)
Aldo Lonobile (SECRET SPHERE)
Anders Iwers (TIAMAT)
Andreas Kisser (SEPULTURA)
Andy Sneap (SABBAT)
Andy Tanas (ex-KROKUS, BLACK OAK ARKANSAS)
Andy Timmons (ex-DANGER DANGER)
Antti Kokko (KALMAH)
Aquiles Priester (ANGRA)
Bill Leverty (FIREHOUSE)
Billy Gould (ex-FAITH NO MORE, ex-BRUJERIA)
Billy Sheehan (STEVE VAI - ex-MR.BIG, TALAS, NIACIN)
Brian Vollmer (HELIX)
Byron (BAL-SAGOTH)
Craig Nielsen (FLOTSAM AND JETSAM)
Daniel Gildenlöw (PAIN OF SALVATION)
Doug Pinnick (KING'S X)
Ginger (THE WILDHEARTS)
Gus G. (DREAM EVIL, FIREWIND)
Guus (ORPHANAGE)
Harley Flanagan (CRO-MAGS)
Ian Parry (ELEGY, CONSORTIUM PROJECT)
James Murphy (ex-DEATH, TESTAMENT, OBITUARY)
Jizzy Pearl (RATT, LOVE/HATE, ex-L.A. GUNS)
Joey Alves (Y&T)
Joey Vera (FATES WARNING, ARMORED SAINT, ANTHRAX)
Johnny Monaco (ENUFF Z' NUFF)
Juan Garcia (AGENT STEEL)
Keith Knight (ASKA)
Kelly Keeling (KING KOBRA, MSG, BATON ROUGE)
Kelly Shaefer (NEUROTICA, ATHEIST)
Ken Hensley (URIAH HEEP)
Kristian Andren (WUTHERING HEIGHTS)
Kurdt Vanderhoof (METAL CHURCH)
Leif Jensen (DEW-SCENTED)
Lenny Wolf (KINGDOM COME)
Lips (ANVIL)
Marc Rizzo (SOULFLY, ILL NINO)
Mark Jansen (EPICA, AFTER FOREVER)
Max (HEARSE)
Michael Lardie (GREAT WHITE)
Mike Patton (FANTOMAS, TOMAHAWK, MR. BUNGLE, FAITH NO MORE)
Nebelhexe (NEBELHEXE)
Neil Turbin (ex-ANTHRAX)
Niclas Etelavuori (AMORPHIS)
Nikolo Kotzev (BRAZEN ABBOT)
Olaf Lenk (AT VANCE)
Oliver Hartmann (EMPTY TREMOR, GENIUS, AVANTASIA)
Oliver Phillips (EVERON)
Patrice Guers (RHAPSODY, PATRICK RONDAT)
Scott "Wino" Weinrich (PROBOT, THE OBSESSED, SPIRIT CARAVAN)
Spike Cassidy (D.R.I.)
Stefan Zell (WOLVERINE)
Steve Lukather
Steve Vai
Tchort (GREEN CARNATION, BLOOD RED THRONE)
Ted Poley (DANGER DANGER)
Tim Donahue (MADMEN & SINNERS)
Tony Harnell (TNT)
Tommy Shaw (STYX)
Valtias Mustatuuli (ARTHEMESIA)
Wulfstan (FOREFATHER)

Check out the results at this location - http://www.imhotepzine.com/anti_americanAnti American???

Interesting reponses.

I always like to see what others have to say. some say it in well thought out ways, others dont. A lot of people like to blame the US for a lot of problems in the world. And more say we stick our noses into too many things. Well. Sorry guys, but if it wasnt for the US most of the world today would be speaking German. I think it was a good idea for us to "stick our nose in it". But other things we should keep out of.
I dont think we elected Bush. Our voting system is completely fucked up in the first place, and all the bullshit happened during the elections to further how our government is fucked up. This country has been bout and sold a long time ago. Votes dont mean shit. The peoples voices have been snuffed out for the almighty dollar. Our goverment is probably one of the most corrupt in the entire world, but when it comes time to get shit done it happens.

Sometimes we do need to step in and police things. that is because some countries policies are so fucked up that it cant control the population. Just look at the situation in Sudan. Its all fucked up right now. And now the army there is looting and raping villagers. See anyone stepping in?

In my opinion, more countries should shut up and step up. If more countries would work together then alot more situations can be dealt with in a peaceful manner, and things wouldnt be so out of balance.

And sorry, but Bush is gonna be here for four more years. Look out France.

Hmmm. Interesting comments, most of which you would come to expect from musicians.

And what was the deal with that comment Daniel Gildenlow...

When I was to Egypt this summer I was standing right next to a few Americans buying post cards. They didn't buy stamps though, because they brought some from home. At times like that I don't know, I just don't know...

Uhh, what the Hell does that have to do with anything? So there are some dumbshit American tourists that can't figure out that U.S. postage won't work in another country. I think that is a rude way of stereotyping all Americans and I really don't appreciate it.

Obnoxious Swede...

Iced In Flames said:
Interesting reponses.

Sometimes we do need to step in and police things. that is because some countries policies are so fucked up that it cant control the population. Just look at the situation in Sudan. Its all fucked up right now. And now the army there is looting and raping villagers. See anyone stepping in?
you just burned yourself completely with that statement on why no one likes the U.S... they come to weed out a guy in iraq that they setup in power there... and are after an islamic leader who they trained back in the 80's with our CIA so bin laden (and many others) could disrupt the russian invasion of afghanistan...

why? cause the middle east has resources for you to consume.

yeah, why isnt the US stepping into Sudan? we sure give a lot of money to israel and set up lots of bases in Saudi Arabia... but what does sudan offer america? yeah, i wonder why were not there "helping"
duh

the world isnt black and white with situations just being "these countries are stupid and poor. work harder and youll be like the U.S." crap, europe and the U.S. consume 3/4 of the rest of the worlds resources. if those people ever took their resources back youd be living in a 3rd world country here.

aside from all this nonsense:
get Bobby Jarzombek to play on the Disincarnate record... or at least on the Death tribute. that would be amazing.