Janick Gers - time to hit the high road?

Janick certainly contribues as a song writer, but it is his guitar playing that is questionable.

I mean, you listen to Live After Death, when Adrian plays the intro riff on 2 Minutes, ....then listen to Janick butcher it on any live recording where hes on the record. I cant believe they let him still intro the song...that Adrian WROTE for fuck sake, and Adrian is back in the band now. If i was Adrian id be a bit pissed about that. But thats Adrian isn't it? So laid back.

Tell me a song that Janick has written the riff to where its a really heavy riff?.................none, thats right. Janicks riffs sound relatively poxy compared to anything Adrian has done.

And one more thing, the old high-low guitar harmonies that is part of the distinctive Maiden sound, became dual high guitar harmonies when Janick replaced Adrian. :bah:

If Steve Harris had the balls to kick different band members out from time-to-time (and thank christ he has) then i would think he should have the ears to recognize that Maiden just simply do not sound as good with Janick in the band. But then after his production efforts, sometimes i wonder whether he can hear at all anymore. :lol:

Maiden 80-88 - untouchable.

Maiden 90-98 - questionable.

Maiden 00 - ?? - so close, so very close.

I still cant help love Maiden (even with Janick) and i am resigned to the fact that they are all so chummy now that he aint going anywhere. Oh well, shit happens. (or not in this case).

Shame though, because most Maiden fans of old (i.e. 80's era) would want nothing more than to see Gers jump of a cliff.

Agree with the above thread - Gers should not be playing Smith parts live now that Smith is back. Especially tracks like 2 Minutes - that is a disgrace how he buthers it EACH AND EVERYTIME. If he had any integrity, he would hand those parts back to Smith in awe and respect and resort to tuning their equipment and polishing boots. He can still get his paycheck if thats all he's after.