Janne's Lead Sound

Mago_Lari

Wizard Member
Jul 22, 2003
Italy
hithere ppl...there is anyone whic plays keyboard that know how to have the janne's lead?
Whati is it formed by? which waves? i dunno...!!!
email me if u have info at claudiolari@hotmail.com ...really thank u!!!
or contact me on ICQ at 285934656 or Aol mago6969696
thanks...claudio

Gee thanks for my welcome Chokehold...

That's a very good question Mago. If anyone finds out please tell me too, I have a friend who would love to know.

...i am new here and i am willing to rest for a lot of time..!!! i red a lot and i think u all are great!!!
On september me and my band will record Bodom after midnight and i will certainly post it here..but i have to get this amazing lead first...!!!
thank u for replies!
claudio

mhh..i know that Jens's lead come out from a Roland JV1080 plus a morley jd 10 dist box..Janne's lead its a sort of different..i can hear a wah effect maybe, and its certainly pulse wave plus some other which i dunno...jens is saw wave, the big work is done by the dist box..
He uses a Korg for his solos, but i really don't know from where to start to get a similar!!
by the way i made a semi perfect reproduction of the jens lead and i have a lot of sample...its different type of lead..!!
thank u for answer!
claudio

Mago_Lari said:
mhh..i know that Jens's lead come out from a Roland JV1080 plus a morley jd 10 dist box..Janne's lead its a sort of different..i can hear a wah effect maybe, and its certainly pulse wave plus some other which i dunno...jens is saw wave, the big work is done by the dist box..
He uses a Korg for his solos, but i really don't know from where to start to get a similar!!
by the way i made a semi perfect reproduction of the jens lead and i have a lot of sample...its different type of lead..!!
thank u for answer!
claudio

Hello All

My lead sound is the same one Jens uses (made by him) a korg polysix emulation kind. I just use a different dist box, a russian made Big Muff by Electroharmonix.
I have to clear something up also, there´s no SOUNDS coming out the DX7 Jens is using it´s just a controller. I toured south-am with DX7 too.
So the keyboard it self has nothing to do with the sounds /leads/ effects etc...

J

ok..janne thanks for Info..i known that jens used Dx7 only as controller but i would like to know if it is possibile to recreate it in a karma..ppl in Jordan rudess Keyboard forum thought that u got the lead with ur Korg N264 and i admit that i am a little surprised in getting this information..i saw u in the Video ( live in seoul ) and u used a Korg Karma..only as controller ? not for the lead? i confess you that i recently bought a karma cause u and mikko harkin have it and i am in love with it, but can i get a lead like yours? thank u for replying me Janne!
i like a lot also ur other sounds, like orch hit, string and the Sound that u used for Bodom after Midnight in the studio version..is it string + piano waves?...thanbk u again janne..hope u come here in Italy again!
claudio

Does ur lead come out from a Polysix too, like Jens?
I do have a Korg Karma and i will buy, today, that dist box, which i had before, but i sold cause i didn't even thought that u used it.., but i want to ask u janne, what version is the Big muff? the sovtek made or the electroharmonix one? the speak clearly the Black one or not?!
I would also like to know how u can change octave with the Envelope that your lead has..is it a Different, transopesd +12 semitones layer, which fade in while the other lower fade out?
I really would like if janne write in my email..som many things to ask him!!
Please Janne...

Claudio
---------------------------------
msn or Email: claudiolari@hotmail.com
Aol: mago6969696

it does sound like a dist'd sawtooth wave to me :) but i'm absolutely not an expert on keyboards.

COB and Sinergy use very little chorus/flanger type modulation in their instrument sounds.... gives a very straight-face, "dry" death-metal-ish sound as a band in general.

BTW Janne great to see you post here, i'm honored to greet you and i hope to see you live in Montréal on 12 november....!!!!!!!

I suggest you to get an used Yamaha Cs2x..its good very good for lead, and i sold mine 4 months ago..i was able to get a very very similare Jens johansson's lead sound.. it costs around 300 Euros Used btw, no Aftertouch, Bad keys feel and only 2 master fx + 1 inserti Fx but im still trying to get that amazing lead on my Karma..!!
But if you want the real Lead sound keyboards you should get a Roland jd800, its the best for guitarish lead..
Claudio

Mago_Lari said:
Does ur lead come out from a Polysix too, like Jens?
I do have a Korg Karma and i will buy, today, that dist box, which i had before, but i sold cause i didn't even thought that u used it.., but i want to ask u janne, what version is the Big muff? the sovtek made or the electroharmonix one? the speak clearly the Black one or not?!
I would also like to know how u can change octave with the Envelope that your lead has..is it a Different, transopesd +12 semitones layer, which fade in while the other lower fade out?
I really would like if janne write in my email..som many things to ask him!!
Please Janne...

Hello

Not mine or Jens´s lead is coming out of a Polysix. It´s an Polysix emulation patch Jens made for JV1080, I use JV2080. And no I NEVER played with Karma or will... I hate that thing. So now you know it all my sounds come out of JV2080... since FTR I think. Still the best module for me... I have both of the Big Muffs but Nowadays I use the silver one. Jens has programmed that ocatve thingine in the patch.

J

spellbound-by-the-bodom said:
could anyone recomend me a very cheap keyboard with only good lead sounds i already have one for everyone else but has poor leads

hey spellbound, i suggest u to buy a Roland R-5 !!!
this is a really great keyboard, not hard to use and u can create your own leads and effects very simply. It costs 400 euros , good keys feel, 2 modulation...

F

It's the Eternal Twilight of Drunkness
Beer is my goddess.... :worship:

my cocked and loaded soulmate leads the way !

claudio, i'm a keyboarder too, but i don't really understand all the function of a keyboard...
how can I get all these "patch" made by jens and what are the big muffs ???
F

It's the Eternal Twilight of Drunkness
Beer is my goddess....

my cocked and loaded soulmate leads the way !

hey Flodom..what keyboard do you own? i can try to help u in geting a sort fo this tone..when Talking about janne's or Jens's lead im referring to the Program of the keyboard that they use to solo on Strato and cob songs..Its a Distorted ( generally with a dist box..) program, which is composed mainly from pulse, saw or sine waves..the big things that is important is to manipulate the Filter LFO ( a slower one will be perfect) and the distortion..then plays an important rule the Equalization..try to concentrate to the low and mid frequences..if u tell me what synth you have, i can try to help you!!
Hope this helps you..

Janne, really thank you for informations u gave me..sorry for my mistake, but thougt u were playing with that..really..sorry!
Btw..Sorry for being so rude..
claudio