Janne's synth samples

Antivenom

New Metal Member
Jan 13, 2005
Does anyone know where I could find out how to come close to some of the leads and pads Janne uses? Or even if I could possibly download them from somewhere - I am super excited because I just won a Korg X5D on Ebay and can't wait to play some bodom on it. Any info at all on the sounds or discussion about X5D even would be sweet, thanks =)

from what i have read he uses a sawtooth dist patch with lots of flange and chorus i believe, but im not a keyboard player (yet....)

Janne doesn't use de lead patch in his X5, he use sound module. I know he use a Roland Jv-2080 live. You can see a list of his racks on scythes of bodom in his bio. So if you wanna have the same patch, you'll have to buy his racks.

AlexiLiimatainen said:
I have an x5d too. Wish I would have gotten something different to be honest :/

Why do you say that? I have heard nothing but good things about the X5

He just uses those Synths to control his modules via midi. It doesnt really matter what synth he uses, their strictly just controllers for him, all his sounds are created and stored on his sound modules, ex. the roland jv 2080. You can get different modules like the Jv 1080, thats the module the keyboardist in my band uses.