Janne @ Masterplan

Zarok666

Sith happens
Nov 15, 2001
Germany
As some of you may know, Janne played keyboards for the whole Masterplan album (new band of ex-Helloween members) in the last year. Has anybody heard it? I got the album recently because I buy all albums with COB members in it as guest musicians or in side projects.

Anyway, Janne's keyboard stuff is really great on that album. He doesn't play solos but he uses very cool sounds and you wouldn't know at once that it's Janne playing. I was really surprised how good the album was.

Unfortunately Janne doesn't have the best memories on it (details in Janne's profile on Scythes Of Bodom and also in the track attack where he comments one song). You should definately check that album out.

Zarok666 said:
As some of you may know, Janne played keyboards for the whole Masterplan album (new band of ex-Helloween members) in the last year. Has anybody heard it? I got the album recently because I buy all albums with COB members in it as guest musicians or in side projects.

Anyway, Janne's keyboard stuff is really great on that album. He doesn't play solos but he uses very cool sounds and you wouldn't know at once that it's Janne playing. I was really surprised how good the album was.

Unfortunately Janne doesn't have the best memories on it (details in Janne's profile on Scythes Of Bodom and also in the track attack where he comments one song). You should definately check that album out.

Unfortunately...I haven't heard anything from Masterplan yet...But I always see this cool version ; looks like a book or something...I'm a real fan of Warmen/CoB and Helloween also...can't wait to hear it. And it sucks for the credits part for Janne. Why the hell does the other keyboard player appears on the band pic... How does Masterplan sound like?

very good album. I think his contribution to the group was/is basically ignored by them now. janne doesn't live in Germany..where Masterplan is basically based. He could have never been a full time member. The keys player they have now is pretty well known, and can play. Either way you look at it...Masterplan is a force to reckon with.

I really wondered why the album was voted as one of the best albums of 2003 in Germany and Masterplan as the newcomer. At first I thought it was a hype but after I listened to it, I have to admit that there are really some strong songs on it and Janne's keyboards are really amazing.

I wouldn't actually call it Power Metal, it's more like Melodic Heavy Metal.

And no problem, Sister Of Sorrrrrow.