January 02, 2007 Update

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
Yes, there is news!

The bad news: I was a little ambitious in scheduling. So we're not going to hit December as originally planned. The bulk of the writing is done, it's just the details - for feeling and atmosphere - beyond the bare descriptions that are taking time to get right. I've thrown out more than I've kept on the project...

When December was getting close, I had to make a decision... I believe if I kept the stuff I wasn't happy with and filled the pages with stuff to release an "OK" product, it wouldn't matter that it came out when promised. If I release the home-run piece of AWESOME that was always my vision for this thing, nobody is going to care that it was a little bit late.

I've got two and a half weeks break from my studies that I'm going to use to finish the writing. Then it still needs more playtesting top to bottom, then proofreading. Layout and printing won't add any appreciable time since that part of the presentation was always intended to be bare-bones. I'm still crossing my fingers for a late January release, but mid-February is looking more realistic.

One thing's for damn sure, my next writing project or two of this type are going to be short adventures in a series called PAMPHLETS OF ADVENTURE. heh.