Japanese Rock 101

Thank you! I'm still trying to build it up some, as soon as I get at least 20 articles up I'm going to start building a twin site for Jpop called "Visual Sugar Therapy" but that's if I can get 10 more articles from people.

And they're nothing wrong with being female and looking it, less you're in a Jrock band. the only really successful Jrock girl is Kana, and she makes good clothes, not music >_o. Its more male-dominated than Punk ever was! :rofl:

Oh hell, look at Mana, plenty of guys have fallen for him, under the impression that he was a girl... and as one of your articles stated, it was hard to distinguish whether Gackt was male or female. I don't think you'll have any problem being in a Jrock band haha, gender shouldn't be a big issue in the first place!

Haahaa well I don't think the fan girls would like me very much, less I cross dressed and tried to look like a guy or something :rofl:. and unfortunatly now a days the biggest population of Jrock fans aare little lolita screaming fan girls *shutterss* they're turning my favorite musica genre into another lable and trend ;_;

That's 'cause the truely shocking jrock bands are dead now, and everything is poppier. Whatever... I shouldn't be talking, I prefer Gackt over Khala so I kinda like the pop stuff.

Klaha's gone pop now to you know ^_^ though his music is more soothing, peaceful than sexual. you should join my forums! :rofl: we need new blood (so far its only me and my article supplyers on there >.>) But yeah, I love the Klaha he and hide are my musical prozac :rofl:

Thanks for the great site that you have there!
I've always loved X Japan.
I think their faster songs are very much like the great songs of Helloween.
(but that's just my opinion)

Although they're not a very visual band (they're more a simple rockband, right?) I think you at least should contemplate to list Spitz as one of the bands for people to check out and listen to, if possible. Alright, the lyrics is in Japanese, and it's all poetry, but their music and songwriting is great, a 100 times more melodic and thought-through than many rock bands of today. And IMO Spitz is NOT JPop. It's rock.

I suppose people could check out Recycled as it is their "Best Of" record - it's a good introduction. What do you say?

Cheers! :p

~Staffan

I'm glad you like it T! I worked really hard to make it as complet as possible (though i know some of the samples are broken, I've just been too lazy to fix them all haahaa) And X-Japan for thier time was a very shocking band, they just weren;t all overyly vulgar about it. Forever X!!!! haahaa