japanese metal bands

WILKS said:
I think I saw Loudness support Saxon once.I like Acid Mothers Temple I think they are from Japan.

Yes I know that Loudness did support Saxon in the Netherlands, that was with the Crusader-album, was it in the place called Zwolle? I am not sure

ANTHEM is by far my fave Japanese heavy metal band. They have lyrics that are in both English and Japanese. All these albums are very good to excellent:

bound to break (1987)
gypsy ways (1988)
hunting time (1989)
no smoke without fire (1990)
domestic booty (1992)
heavy metal anthem (2000) (with Graham Bonnet on vox)
seven hills (2001)
overload (2002)

Anthem rules! Saxon fans should check them out.

:worship:

i see someone mentioned Loudness earlier, just bought Thunder In The East recently on CD, its been rereleased(officially!) on WoundedBird records. I used to have it on cassette but haven't listened to it in ages, great disc.

Also, on the subject of japanese the only other 2 i'm familiar w/ are EZO and Anthem...thats about as deep as my japan metal knowledge goes...lol

-brian

Can't say I'm too hip to Japanese metal, but I've been getting into Loudness lately, especially the "Disillusion" and "Thunder In The East" albums. Akira Takasaki is brilliant! (I'm a guitarist, so I can definitely appreciate the guy's work)

Hey secret if you like him (Akria) on the loudness albums, you should check out his solo album 'Tusk of the Jaguar'

secret_weapon said:
Can't say I'm too hip to Japanese metal, but I've been getting into Loudness lately, especially the "Disillusion" and "Thunder In The East" albums. Akira Takasaki is brilliant! (I'm a guitarist, so I can definitely appreciate the guy's work)

X Japan is the best. how about you go try and play their stuff? I'd like to see you try and compose stuff like that too :Smokin:

I have recrntly seen a band called Brahman. They are from that part of the world and the album i brought at the gig is fucking great can anyone tell me more>

RicknRoll said:
Hey secret if you like him (Akria) on the loudness albums, you should check out his solo album 'Tusk of the Jaguar'

:worship:

A belated thank you, RickNRoll (I've been having computer problems lately, hence the late reply). I assume that album has the "Tusk Of Jaguar" instrumental on it? I have the Loudness live version on "Live-Loud-Alive", which I just got on vinyl. By the way, as a young guitarist, I am trying to do my part to keep this kind of music alive. If you want to find out what I'm talking about, go to: www.azmodius.com
:Smokin:

The absolute best Japanese Metal Bands are...

Show-Ya.
Earthshaker.
Hummingbird.

Show-Ya has outsold Loudness by leaps and bounds. They have had 5 number one singles in Japan. Loudness has had none. Show-Ya is the most incredible band ever. And, the petite heroine Keiko Terada, the singer, is the coolest girl ever. I have almost every single Show-Ya album.

Earthshaker started up as a quartet in 1983, with a hit album. Over the years, the singer Masafumi Nishida has broadened his horizons and gotten into experimental rock&roll which is extremely cool. The original quartet still plays toda, and their music is AWESOME. Their newest albums are so good you would not believe it. Absolutely superb music.

Hummingbird is a little known band, but they are super good too, although only for certain tastes I guess. I guess you could say they are as close to Heavy Metal 'Beatles' as you can get.

---Vil.

Nyxi666 said:
Im a big metal fan and am looking for some Japanese Heavvy Metal and Nu Metal. Some that sound goth metal to headbangers, like metallica, korn, orgy, nothingface, Skrape, Dry kill Logic, System of a Down, or any really heavy stuff.[/email]
XOXO Nycci

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah REALLY HEAVY STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You fucking killed me with that one, dude!

:lol:

GalacticCowboy said:
i see someone mentioned Loudness earlier, just bought Thunder In The East recently on CD, its been rereleased(officially!) on WoundedBird records. I used to have it on cassette but haven't listened to it in ages, great disc.
-brian

If you like Loudness, get their Live Loud Alive... it is an incredible live album. It has been re-released as well. And it kills!

I used to listen to 'Soldier of Fortune' by Loudness all the time!!
Damn, wish i still had that album, i miss it
:erk:

A thrash metal band lead by an American but based in Japan... RITUAL CARNAGE.

Taken from BNR:

Ritual Carnage is a bi-national band of sorts, led by American Dan Montgomery with the rest of the lineup being Japanese. As the story goes, Montgomery was first stationed in Japan during an Air Force stint in the late 80's, and then returned to Japan in 1993 to learn tattooing and martial arts, and it was at that time that Ritual Carnage was born. Several lineups ensued (the earlier ones featuring Bill Jokela and Alex Amedy) before the bands scored a contract with Osmose Records in 1998, and since then four albums have been recorded, most recently I, Infidel in late 2005. Ritual Carnage is rooted firmly in hardened old-school thrash, with some death metal influences that have lessened over time (the debut, The Highest Law, is almost a death/thrash mixture, with the followup, Every Nerve Alive, being thrash with only minor death stylings, and the third, The Birth Of Tragedy, being a straight thrash album). Montgomery's vocals have followed this trend, being more deathy on the earlier albums and more thrash-oriented on Tragedy. The Highest Law is somewhat simplistic song-wise, but the latter two albums are excellent examples of pure thrash done right.

rica-4.jpg

You forgot Bow Wow or Vow wow because of the new wave band of the same name I think they have been around the longest that I know of but, Loudness is still the best, there first three japanese releases The Birthday Eve, Law Of Devils Land and Devil soldier are damn good

Vilkata said:
The absolute best Japanese Metal Bands are...

Show-Ya.
Earthshaker.
Hummingbird.

Show-Ya has outsold Loudness by leaps and bounds. They have had 5 number one singles in Japan. Loudness has had none. Show-Ya is the most incredible band ever. And, the petite heroine Keiko Terada, the singer, is the coolest girl ever. I have almost every single Show-Ya album.

Earthshaker started up as a quartet in 1983, with a hit album. Over the years, the singer Masafumi Nishida has broadened his horizons and gotten into experimental rock&roll which is extremely cool. The original quartet still plays toda, and their music is AWESOME. Their newest albums are so good you would not believe it. Absolutely superb music.

Hummingbird is a little known band, but they are super good too, although only for certain tastes I guess. I guess you could say they are as close to Heavy Metal 'Beatles' as you can get.

---Vil.