Japanese Venues / Events

VomitBubble

Silly Demon
Feb 4, 2004
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
So I'm hitting Japan in a month (april 1st - 16th), and I want to attend a metal show while I'm out there.

Does anyone know of anything going down anywhere from Hiroshima, Nagoya, Tokyo, or anywhere in between? Or does anyone know a good place to check? Experiences? Anything. I doubt Sabbat or Sigh will coincidentally play during my visit, but I'm curious to any tours you know of that are hitting Japan during this time.

Thank you. Not big on BLS, but I appreciate you looking into it. I got a newsletter from Mnemosyne titled "Ihsahn Spring tour in Japan" or something. Alas they are in May.

Wasn't my main reason for going or anything. I'll keep my eyes open, though.

Japan is the most poseur countyr in the world.Half of the people at those concerets dont even know the band, thye just hope some white guy will have sex with them.

Japan is the most poseur countyr in the world.Half of the people at those concerets dont even know the band, thye just hope some white guy will have sex with them.

All true except for the last part...lived in Crapan for over 7 years and can tell you that the Metal scene is crap there and almost non existent.
Metal fans exist but they don't hang out as a scene at local band gigs etc.

Generally they are very square bunch of law abiding citizens that don`t even have the guts to create a mosh-pit...
If u r into something like smoking weed don't ever open your mouth about it because you will probably get arrested just talking about it.

Don't try to be funny cause they wont understand your humour and think you r weird...

You may meet 2 people that will speak Engrish in a crowd of 100 and 1 that wont be terrified to speak it in front of their countrymen...expect the same everywhere within Crapan.

Funniest thing was when I saw Suffocation and Napalm Death there in Club Quatro Osaka and half the crowd were office worker guys still in their ties and suits having an awkward headbang.

Also the only woman you will get is the very rare one that's not too paranoid to try to say Hi in Engrish and will fuck after the third-fourth date...
or some very drunken whore that will accuse you of rape tomorrow after sucking you and your Gaijin friend off in the fire Exit...

I have a daughter there with an ex wife...its a nightmare for me to go back there up to a point where my doctor prescribes me Valium before my trips there its the fucking worst social cancer on the planet...