CHECK OUT THESE MUSCLES!!
Jul 10, 2005
Who listens to jazz in here, I listen to
Al Di Meola
Steely Dan
George Benson
Spyro Gyra
Weather Report
and lots of other 70's fusion type shit, what about you guys?

BlackMetalTyrant said:
Who listens to jazz in here, I listen to
Al Di Meola
Steely Dan
George Benson
Spyro Gyra
Weather Report
and lots of other 70's fusion type shit, what about you guys?

The classic bepop and genre's along that line...

Dizzy was awsome...

I like gypsy jazz, which is mostly swing-type of music with Gypsy melodies and such. Anyhow, my favorite musicians are Django Reinhardt, Rosenberg Trio, Jimmy Rosenberg, Bireli Lagrene, and countless others.

I like jazz fusion stuff like Mahavishnu Orchestra, Return to Forever, Tony Williams Lifetime, Bruford and Allan Holdsworth solo stuff. Charlie Parker, John Coltrane and Miles Davis are bloody great as well.

I love JAZZ

my all time fav' is John Coltrane but I also enjoy Thelonious Monk, Charles Mingus, Ornette Coleman, Eric Dolphy, Archie Shepp, John Zorn etc...

Jazz is an awesome/rich genre even more when it gets free (as in Free Jazz of course ! :D )

Fusion and free, especially with lots of saxophones :D (p.s., I play saxophone).....

Ornette coleman
John Coltrane
Miles davis

Those are probably my top three, but I also like John zorn and all of the really wierd takes on fusion that are more often assocaited with prog rock (like magma, ruins, or King Crimson, who for some reason I like the best, even though there is better stuff, it seems to resonate with me).

TylerTheNuke said:
Fusion and free, especially with lots of saxophones :D (p.s., I play saxophone).....

Ornette coleman
John Coltrane
Miles davis

Those are probably my top three, but I also like John zorn and all of the really wierd takes on fusion that are more often assocaited with prog rock (like magma, ruins, or King Crimson, who for some reason I like the best, even though there is better stuff, it seems to resonate with me).

wOOt ! :D

you have great taste ! :wave: