JCA50h reamp

Rob Logic

yayyyyyy!
May 16, 2006
Newport News, VA
www.myspace.com
As the title states, Jet City JCA50h head. Song is from my old band off of a 5 song EP that I probably spent 200+ hours on and never finished :lol:

First opportunity I have had to reamp anything through this head since I purchased it about 8 months ago. Pretty happy with the results. Pictures of mic position, amp settings, and TS settings below. The cab is a horizontal 2X12 Mesa on it's side. I know, no baffle is risky but it's in a low traffic area in the room and in a corner.

Hi pass at 70hz and 6db/oct lo pass at 7000hz with a small band cut at 400hz (2 db I think). Master volume is pretty low so it probably could sound a little more open and beastly. I will set up the cab in a different room next time so it's not annoyingly loud to run through the song 4+ times.

No automation or anything really on the track and it could use it. Bass tuning is iffy in places but that's more performance than tuning the axe :Spin:

Oh yeah, guitar is an ESP MII with an EMG 85 in the bridge. DI used for guitar was a Radial J48 into a preamp on my Profire 2626. Bass is an Ibanez SR 505 recorded through a DI on the Profire (bass was rerecorded yesterday, guitars were years ago and i was just too lazy to get the J48 out of the closet). Used TSE x30 for grit on bass.

Anyway, comment if you have opinions or questions!

Pw07be99OIek-DW32BoZRIAywWdd2etVMB2Oi1P0WXw=w276-h207-p-no

2sN07t5Lmb8jQjUYggMMx0gOhmFZXAUoMx7-xUpOCO8=w276-h207-p-no

TtvOuib5K_XFjZP-P2Cpx_TrZYQ-KWxFm360YmVuoAY=w276-h207-p-no

X1Z2uDD3bI0DF26t593Xj1ykdUom2BJNkEn5WlWXeMc=w276-h207-p-no

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice reamps !
I own a JCA50H too, and I usually dial in way less mids and presence (around 2-3 each) and a bit more treble, but in your case it sounds good !
Funny to see the bass dialed to max on the amp, I always do that too :lol:
I also think it will sound a bit more open if you can push the master a bit more.
Is your JCA50H running the stock tubes ?
Can you post a raw guitar track ?

Yeah it's a sm57. I honestly started everything at noon and it was just lacking some beef so I dimed it out. All stock power and pre tubes. Once they get a few more miles on them, i will get creative on their replacements. I'm interested to know if the depth mod would help. Some people say it's more noticeable at lower volumes. This was probably the quietest I have recorded guitar tracks ever as well. Maybe it would have changed how i set up the mids, treb, and presence. I wouldn't really need any more low end but it'd be good to know there's more on tap if I used a different guitar.

I will try and upload a few bars of raw guitars Sunday when I have some more free time from work.

Thanks for the comments!

Thank you for the clarification.
I don't know about the depth mod, mine is totally stock too, but I really think about a full tube replacement to make it sound even better !

Indeed, some raw guitars would be nice :headbang:

Single guitar panned center, double tracked guitar panned 100% L/R, Stereo guitars and bass, full mix. no EQ on guitar what so ever. It's a tiny bit bright without the lo-pass on it but I honestly think it's still totally usable. I usually throw the lo/hi pass on any guitar I record without thinking.

*edit - I didn't realize how shitty soundcloud made it sound. Maybe there's an option of making it higher quality or something when I upload it. Only used it a couple times before.

raw guitar mp3

raw guitar wav

Thanks a lot for the raw tracks, dude.
You're right, it's a bit on the bright side but it fits well the mix.
I'm really liking this head, and for its price it's a fucking no brainer !

EDIT : about soundcloud, as far as I know, you can only enable the download fonction for a track, but the stream version will always be shitty 128kbps mp3.