JCM 800 question..

ItsAFugazzi

boat is boat.
Jun 4, 2008
North East, UK.
www.myspace.com
Hi.

My 50W JCM 800 lead head has a DI jack on it's back panel. Does anybody know if this is a preamp out or what? I'm hoping to use it to record something and want to use impulses instead of bothering the neighbours and the rest of the surrounding area.

Any info would be great.

Thanks.

Yeah its a preamp out.

I had the same amp.

If you have an attenuator...you should try using the DI out of it instead because it sounds better with the impulses.

I don't have an attenuator, but the way I understand it is that impulses emulate the power amp so wouldn't using an attenuator be sort of like putting the signal through 2 power amps? I mean I've been using my VH100R's preamp out straight into the impulses and it sounds v. nice.

Hi.

My 50W JCM 800 lead head has a DI jack on it's back panel. Does anybody know if this is a preamp out or what? I'm hoping to use it to record something and want to use impulses instead of bothering the neighbours and the rest of the surrounding area.

Any info would be great.

Thanks.

Love this amp! Let's hear some clips when you get it recorded.

I don't have an attenuator, but the way I understand it is that impulses emulate the power amp so wouldn't using an attenuator be sort of like putting the signal through 2 power amps? I mean I've been using my VH100R's preamp out straight into the impulses and it sounds v. nice.

it will sound fine. Im just telling you what sounds better to me