JE1K Manual

Arystar

Kissing In The Shadows
Sep 26, 2010
Belgium
Hi,

I have the JE1K clone that was sold on this forum (are there any still available?)

but when I installed it there were pictures made by the creator and a manual.
does anybody have the manual?

EDIT: I NEED THE WIRING DIAGRAM IN PARTICULAR, also if someone is still selling them or still knows where to find or contact the original maker (RR480) I would like to have a spare.https://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/members/rr480.140613/

Last edited:
I have an old manual flying around somewhere from a JE-1000 I bought from Ebay years ago.
If that would be sufficient I will look around

I think you're looking for those

Attachments

• JackElec1988Page18_19.jpg
    JackElec1988Page18_19.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 16
  • jackelec1988page1213aq3.jpg
    jackelec1988page1213aq3.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 12
  • jacksonmanualpage12r_183.jpg
    jacksonmanualpage12r_183.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 12
  • je1000.jpg
    je1000.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 13
I think you're looking for those
Thank you very much Arcane.

Also have one where the Pickup(bridge only) is wired, because I cannot see where that one should be wired...

EDIT: I need the wiring diagram in particular, cannot find it anywhere

Last edited:
anybody know what the je1k would sound like with an emg 81? would it be overkill?

Yes, you’d essentially have two preamps in one pickup. It would be very over-distorted and muddy.
Nah, you can set the JE-1000 at zero gain. It has a gain control.
Or easier: Just let the switch in off position. Your switch (or whatever you will use to activate the gain-boost) has only effect on the gain but not on the wah-ish tone of the je-1000 itself. So you can use the je-1000 without the gain if you want. That's what I do when I play rhythm stuff.

If you watch my last two videos, you can hear the difference a bit. The shadowless/Bodom video is without the gainboost, the ETID is with. Atm, I have the HZ-H4 installed which has an output level of 0.600V RMS. The 81 has something around 1.2 - that's what I get whenI set the gainboost at 50%.

Last edited:
I'm lending this thread a bit since the topic of RR24's came up.
I have a white one that I'm selling.
It has a EMG 81 + PA-2 Gainbooster, so yes it has a hole drilled in it for the switch, like it or not.
I wasn't going to ship it but since no-one seem interested where I'm located I can sell it to someone on this forum.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I can send some pictures etc.

There's some clones on eBay, I know because I have them in my watch list ready to buy once I get a RR24!

you should check leboncoin.fr it is a french advert website, there are some RR24 on there, yellow ones. for 1K and very little to no damage on them.
since you are UK based you could contact them easily and have good + safe shipping arranged.

trying to get my je-1000 clone pre-amp installed by a local tech but he is all confused because of the emg 81 thats already in there. he doesnt know how to add it to the signal chain. are their any schematics for this?

Arcane that would much appreciated thank you! Do you happen to have any pictures of the wiring when you had the blackout in there?

Last edited:
so i finally got it installed but it doesnt seem to shape the tone at all. I can boost the gain a bit sure but it does not do the cool wah-ish effect. the 3 tone switches dont do anything at all, like zero effect on the tone. the only thing that does make a difference is gain knob. what am i doing wrong here? wtf

Shit, I totally forgot to answer you. But you've made it on your own.

If there's no wah effect and the switches don't do anything, then I guess it's defect. The wah-effect should always be 'on' - no matter which switch is on or off. And also the switches itself should have a big effect on the tone. Depending which switches are on, it should sound either very mid-based with nearly all treble killed (this is where the wah-effect is really strong); a mix of a fairly amount of mids and treble or just a treble boost.