Jeff auditioned for Ozzy's band

Traxan

Mar 10, 2012
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jeff-loomis-thought-he-landed-ozzy-osbourne-guitarist-gig/

Asked if there were any other bands that he tried getting into over the years, Jeff said: "I auditioned for Ozzy Osbourne before Gus G. got the gig. I actually flew down to Los Angeles and played five songs for Ozzy and Sharon. I jammed with the band and Ozzy basically just watched from the couch with Sharon. He's, like, 'Fucking bloody fantastic guitar playing, man! That's fucking amazing!' Then Sharon came up to me and said, 'Jeff, how old are you?' I'm, like, 'I'm 38.' 'Oh, okay. Thank you.' Right then and there I kinda knew that they were looking for a younger guy. I thought for sure I had the gig, though, 'cause I nailed all the songs. A month later, I heard Gus G. got the gig, so I was a little bit upset about that. It would've been cool to have been Ozzy's last guitar player. That would've been kind of a legacy thing, but, unfortunately, I didn't get the gig."

He should have lied. Jeff is so babyfaced he could have said 29 and gotten away with it.

BTW, do the math. Jeff was 38 in 2009. So it sounds like he was ready to bail on Nevermore for that gig.

Jeff is making my head hurt. I get it, the dude deserves far more recognition than he gets. He really is one of the best talents of this generation of guitarists, but it seems as if he's hunting the big time gig.

It's been since TOC since he's written any meaningful music. Solo albums do not count unless your sole gig is virtuoso. He's just wasting his time. Making decent money, but wasting time.

I really liked Conquering Dystopia, but its a display of technical skill, more so than structure and overall sound.

I guess I look back at the body of work in Nevermore and think he could still produce that with Warrel, but instead his solo gig did well enough but apparently wasn't quite enough to go where he wanted.

This whole Arch Enemy nonsense just bugs the shit out of me. I don't understand how someone with his talent wants to be 2nd fiddle on Guitar and ride the coattails of a machine he had no part of creating. Maybe he completely burned out on Nevermore and his solo stuff and just wants to ride in the backseat instead of driving the bus.

I don't forsee this whole AE thing lasting much longer, or being the 2nd guitarist to anyone.

And i quote:
" You mean Jeff?
Ah, Jeff's just our baby with a cigarette in his mouth! "

He definitely had gotten away by saying he was 29 years old ...

Last edited:
I don't understand how someone with his talent wants to be 2nd fiddle on Guitar and ride the coattails of a machine he had no part of creating. Maybe he completely burned out on Nevermore and his solo stuff and just wants to ride in the backseat instead of driving the bus.

Sure, but as someone who's written so much of Nevermore's music, and the solo stuff he's done...I can't honestly see that lasting very long, and this seems more like a break, plus cash grab.

I don't forsee this whole AE thing lasting much longer, or being the 2nd guitarist to anyone.

Me neither, but I guess we'll see what's up when the first album with him is released. Too bad him joining doesn't make the vocals any less shit.