Jeff Buckley Rules

Maybe he's drunk, but he's right. I'm a big fan too. Somebody interested in a version me playing Hallelujah? Somebody heard the original from Leonard Cohen? I'd like to know what you think of it, I think it's pretty bad. :err:

Unicorn said:
Maybe he's drunk, but he's right. I'm a big fan too. Somebody interested in a version me playing Hallelujah? Somebody heard the original from Leonard Cohen? I'd like to know what you think of it, I think it's pretty bad.
err.gif

not drunk, yet....
If it is bad, why would we want to hear it??? :D
post it... it cant be any worse than my band.

~nightfall~ said:
I know he did a boring album and then died..

You can't say that it's boring, really. But it takes many listens to like it. I had this problem. But now it's really good stuff on that album!
For example, as I heard In the Woods' "Omnio" it thought it's really boring, but after 5 more listens it was growing and growing. Give Jeff another try.

Perhapse I will. I`ve got it in a big box full of crap CDs downstairs somewhere. Morningrise boring? Yeah, right
Blackwater Park is boring, so is their upcoming Damnation. Morningrise, MAYH and SL is great stuff.

What else is in this box? :err:
Glad you want to try again. Try the songs Nr. 2 and 7 first, and when you like them go on with the others, taht's my suggestion.
I have the same opinion about opeth. I like the albums till MAYH, the rest is the same again and again. I was so lucky bout Opeth releasing an album without grunts, and now that I've heard it,I think it lacks of creativity, as the albums before.The new drummer plays like a machinegun on Deliverance. And Mike's vocals are not really filled with emotions. The newer albums are not bad, there are a few good moments sometimes, but most time it sounds like heard somewhere before. And what I totally dislike on them is that they play/repeat the riffs so long, till the next one comes. At the end you have a 13 Minute tracks with 6 minutes music in it.
Sorry, but I had to say this. Farewell opeth... :cry:

The box is filled with CDs I no longer listen to, CDs I bought years ago that I liked back then but hate nowadays... Also there are some CDs there that I bought without giving it a listen first, like the Jeff Buckley one... I really think it is crap, but I shall give it another spin now.

I totally agree with your opeth opinions, their two latest , Deliverance and Damnation, shows what I feared would happen after the shit album Blackwater Park. They are out of ideas. When I heard that Damnation was recorded without heavy guitar and grunts, I thought it would sound something like sorskogen but MAN was I wrong. It is a shit album, nothing more nothing less. No emotions are left like they used to have on their first albums, and the songs dont offer me anything at all.