Jeff Buckley

ulver

insomnia
May 21, 2001
Turkey
Hello,
Any Jeff Buckley fans here ? (may be you didn't notice..) 'Nightmares by the Sea' from Tonight's Decision is a masterpiece of Jeff Buckley (son of Tim Buckley) and I think that's the killer song of that album..
I first met Jeff Buckley with that Katatonia cover and Jeff is one of my best artists now. If you didn't check him till now, listen him.
Great melancholic vocals mixed with non-distorted electric guitars.

(hope this is not a 'this is only about Katatonia, shut up!' forum :)

see you

I think Jeff Buckley is an excellent artist to discuss related to Katatonia. He clearly has an influence on the band, especially on some vocal parts on the new album. I highly recommend the album 'Grace' to anyone who hasn't heard Buckley before... wow.

I love Jeff Buckley. There's a live DVD of him bashing about (the title eludes me right now), just a no-nonsense gig of the band onstage, Jeff joking with the audience, and spot-on performances... amazing :)

Hi!
I heard it the other way around. Have been a BIG! Jeff Buckley fan since his first album in 1994. 1½ year a go some one asked if I was the one who listened to Buckley, because he had a cover-version, and would be glad if we could swicth. So we did and I've come to love Katatonias music and Renkses voice. Like Jeff Buckley he is capable of projekting his feelings into his voice in a beautifull, melancolic way. So sad that he didn't live long enough to hear Katatonias version. Also listen to a live single: Live from the Bataclan. In "The way young lovers do" Buckley plays with his voice, so you've got chills down your spine just thinking about it!
-loglady

i was given 'Grace' by a friend last year as he didn't want it anymore. i gave it a listen and thought little of it, when i heard Kats. version of nightmares by the sea i gave 'Grace' another listen but still didn't like it. i then borrowed 'Messages for my sweetheart...' album to see what the original song was like and then listened to the whole album. what a great album, yard of blonde girls being a classic and it also has one of my favourite lyrics on the album:

'stay with me under these waves tonight, be free for once in your life...tonight'.

Yes, I'm digging up old threads :).

I only just recently discovered the Grace album a few months ago and I love it! So sad he had only released one 'real' album before he died.. I ordered "Sketches..." on ebay, but it's been one-and-a-half months and it's still not here, so I guess it got lost :/

A good thread to bring up. Jeff Buckley's work is quite amazing. I have Grace, Sketches and the Live In Chicago Dvd. Try finding the Sketches Vinyl! I mean you can find it on Ebay but for at least over $300! Imagine what Jeff could be making today. Just something to ponder.

I like him, too. Some songs were great. Grace, Lover you should have come over, Lilac wine...
So this vinyl seems to be rare.
But also his band was pretty good. They had a certain groove. What are they doing now?

I love Jeff Buckley. I knew about him even before I knew Katatonia.
The cover is cool, it suites katatonia so well...

Absolutely love Jeffs powerfull emotional vocals ... This man goes crazy on stage ( i saw a dvd once) Well he doesnt do anything anymore.. such a shame.... I didnt knew he had died already when I first heard his music and when it did it was such a shock.

Here's some info: http://www.liquidgnome.com/JeffBuckley/band.html
Don't know how old it is though.

The members of Jeff's band have immersed themselves in projects and bands since Jeff's death. Michael Tighe and Mick Grondahl have toured and played with Elysian Fields. Parker Kindred and Michael Tighe will tour with Those Bastard Souls Spring 1999 to support the release Debt and Departure. Michael Tighe (guitar) and Parker Kindred (drums) are now involved with the band Black Beetle. Black Beetle also features Jeff's former girlfriend Joan Wasser who co-writes the band's songs with Tighe. And Matt Johnson is now a member of Duncan Sheik's band. He appears on Sheik's album Humming and tours with Duncan. Take note of the track "A Body Goes Down," on which Matt Johnson plays. It is a tribute to Jeff penned by Sheik.

I love Jeff. Truly.
Found him through Katatonia and I just regret now it didn't happen earlier. Maybe then I could have had the luck to see him live, I wish I could.. he's so passionately amazing (referring to the DVD). I've bought recently this new double cd with + DVD bonus (interviews, videos, etc.) and it's worth every cent.

np: a perfect circle - wake the dead o_O

I actually listened to Tim Buckley first.....he was a hippie of the first degree......excellent acid music......when grace came out I listened to it but it (for some reason) didnt have the appeal to me that it does today......I was a bit into death and black metal only by then....so I rediscovered Jeff of course when TD came out.....he is really good......shame such a tragic and young death....just like his father.

It's just scary how many fantastic, talented, "young" artists die... Jeff Buckley, Cliff Burton, Chuck Schuldiner, Kurt Cobain, Quorthon, Dimebag Darrel, and the list goes on, it freaks me out...

jeff had a heavenly voice...he made some powerful music, and he was backed by great musicians too. His songs are perfect, and i knew about him long before i've ever heard of katatonia.

The song Vancouver by Buckley is fucking FANTASTIC! One of my faves by him for sure. "Every one loves You" rocks as well...I beleiev they are off the sketches album.

YES! Jeff Buckley will forever live on as an amazing artist and he will always be amazing.