Boss GT-3 question for Blackheim

I have a GT-10 running with the 4 cable method into a Laney GH100L with a cable into the amp control. I wanted to know how any of you other GT owners run yours? Id specially like to know how you have your setup running Anders?

I have a GT-10 running with the 4 cable method into a Laney GH100L with a cable into the amp control. I wanted to know how any of you other GT owners run yours? Id specially like to know how you have your setup running Anders?

I have a Laney TF300 combo. I have my GT8 hooked up to it using the 4 cable method aswell. I haven't altered the Fx chain settings at all. I've been able to get great tones without going near the Fx chain, however, in the last few days i've been trying to set up the pedal bend effect, the same as a whammy pedal. I cannot get it to sound right at all so i've had to tweak the Fx chain order quite a bit. Still no luck though. :erk:

I have a Laney TF300 combo. I have my GT8 hooked up to it using the 4 cable method aswell. I haven't altered the Fx chain settings at all. I've been able to get great tones without going near the Fx chain, however, in the last few days i've been trying to set up the pedal bend effect, the same as a whammy pedal. I cannot get it to sound right at all so i've had to tweak the Fx chain order quite a bit. Still no luck though. :erk:

Yeh i found there was major problems with the GT-8 pedal bend. Id always had trouble making it sound anygood. The GT-10 pedal bend is much better, still doesnt sound anything as good as a Digitech Whammy but its so much easier to get working.

I suggest moving some stuff around with your FX chain, seems to make a big difference in my sound. What do you have your GT-8 FX loop set to?

Yeh i found there was major problems with the GT-8 pedal bend. Id always had trouble making it sound anygood. The GT-10 pedal bend is much better, still doesnt sound anything as good as a Digitech Whammy but its so much easier to get working.

I suggest moving some stuff around with your FX chain, seems to make a big difference in my sound. What do you have your GT-8 FX loop set to?

I actually don't have the loop activated on the pedal yet it still sounds great going through the effects loop on my amp.:loco:

try setting it to direct mix. That why you can have the sound your currently running along side the sound of everything being run through your amps preamp at the same time.

try setting it to direct mix. That why you can have the sound your currently running along side the sound of everything being run through your amps preamp at the same time.

Cool beans. Will give it a try tomorrow hopefully if i'm not too busy with college work.

Hi Blakkheim!
Could you tell please, what kind of preamp settings and/or other FX in your GT-3 and Gt-8 do you use on the Last Fair Deal Gone Down? I own a GT-8, and I'm just f**ed up with all that knobs and pedals :) Especially, I love the sound of both solo and rhythm on Clean today, Teargas, Chrome.
I'll be so appreciate if you would help me with that!