Blakkheim, I seek your guidence about a Boss Gt issue.

m0rtis

Distopia
Apr 17, 2004
Istanbul, Turkey
First of all i want to apologize for this, being the 10000th topic about gt effect processors.. ..
I've got my gt8 2 weeks ago and i am trying to get the best performance out of it. I will be performing live soon and this will be the first time i will be on stage with my gt-8. I am planning to use the 4 cable method:

The problem is:
When you use 4 CM
1)you keep your amps overdrive switch on
2)you switch the Loop On in the patch, and gt8's preamp off in order to use Amps distortion and preamp.. then when you choose the clean patch you switch the loop off and you start to use the gt8 preamp. but what if i want to use my amps preamp with my clean tones too. How will i turn off the overdrive switch on the amp when i press on my clean patch pedal. I know that Amp ctl is used like a footswitch, am i able to assign that switch to a patch? so that when i press on it the amp ctl activates and turns off the amps overdrive. And where do i plug the jack coming out of the the Amp ctl? to the footswitch input? will i be needing another (5th) cable to do that?

Last question will be a personal one =): Do you use 4 CM on every live performance you have? Or do you sometimes (according to the amps quality) use options like; using the gt8's preamp with every patch and connecting it directly to a PA, mixer or Amps' return?

wow. i guess i asked lots of questions.. I hope it won't be a problem for you..

Thanks..

I THINK (but don't know for sure) that it may be possible to connect with MIDI cables also, so your GT is FX processor and MIDI controller in one, and then you would be able to program patches in which you automatically switch the amp's channels also.
I haven't had the chance to try this myself, I sold my GT before I heard about this... If this is true then I will buy a GT again.
I sold it cos I just got my H&K Triamp and it would be a shame not to use it's clean channel.

Cerulean, if you really want a full performance from your H&K triamp, there should not be any effects or processors interfering, even it's bypassed,the sound is still going through the processor and you will have some small characteristics changes in your sound i guess.

This may be false, I haven't tried it myself since i don't have an amp, but that's what i heard from others...