Boss GT-3 question

Soundjunkie

baller
Aug 14, 2006
Australia
i know katatonia use it and i have heard that others here use it. anyways i just found it listed in the local paper for sale from some one. its going for $150 australian dollars.

so i was just looking for some opinions on the unit. is it worth it?

I've tried numerous effects processors. I like the throaty effects their units make. Tone nerds would totally not be cool with it, but I like it. I actually went down to guitar center with my student today so he could try out the gt-3, and the tonelab se. He went with the tonelab cuz he likes more bluesy type stuff. It's a nice enough unit. The one there was 200 bucks, and in bad condition. I think for the style you probably play it will be good. I say go for it or try to find a used gt-6 or save up for a used gt-8.

p.s. don't expect great modulation though.

I've tried numerous effects processors. I like the throaty effects their units make. Tone nerds would totally not be cool with it, but I like it. I actually went down to guitar center with my student today so he could try out the gt-3, and the tonelab se. He went with the tonelab cuz he likes more bluesy type stuff. It's a nice enough unit. The one there was 200 bucks, and in bad condition. I think for the style you probably play it will be good. I say go for it or try to find a used gt-6 or save up for a used gt-8.

p.s. don't expect great modulation though.

maybe ill hold off then, search around and try out a few different units.

A lot of people like the line 6 podxt for recording due to it's usb capabilities, and great modulation. Depends on what you want. If don't have a nice head then go with the podxt. If you do, and want crazy effects go with the gt. If you want to play older style rock n roll and blues go with the tone lab.

i know katatonia use it and i have heard that others here use it. anyways i just found it listed in the local paper for sale from some one. its going for $150 australian dollars.

so i was just looking for some opinions on the unit. is it worth it?

I had few GT series multieffect processor like GT-3,GT-5 and GT-8
to be honestly GT-8 sounds the best and most versatile among all these.

but money wise, I would say GT-3 is a good stuff to get if it just cost you $150 australian dollars. I sold the rest and kept my GT-3 as my backup unit for gig, in case my pedal board fucked up.

my suggestion is get the GT-3 if your budget is tight, it's a solid unit but if you could spend some more, then lot of greater units are out there. it's your call.

A lot of people like the line 6 podxt for recording due to it's usb capabilities, and great modulation. Depends on what you want. If don't have a nice head then go with the podxt. If you do, and want crazy effects go with the gt. If you want to play older style rock n roll and blues go with the tone lab.

I actually have the PodXT next to me right now. I'm still trying to find my favorite settings. I love it though.

My self and my other guitarist are both using GT8's now. At first i couldn't get hardly any good tones out of it. But after a few solid hours of playing and a few reads of the manual. I don't think theres anything that you cant do or recreate on the GT8. I love it.