Jeff Loomis' Gear

silverwulf

Ghost in the Machine
Mar 6, 2002
Manassas, VA
Visit site
Does anyone here have a breakdown of what gear Jeff Loomis actually used on any of the albums?? We've all heard lot of speculation, but I was wondering if anyone had confirmed anything??

What we do know is that Jeff used a Line 6 Pod Pro on the tour for DHIADW. It's been speculated that he used Mesa Dual Rectifiers on the album, although the leads sound very different than the lead sounds you can get out of a Dual Rec to my ears, unless he perhaps loaded it down with a BBE Sonic Maximizer or the like. Even then it would take some tweeking.

The other speculation I've heard is that Jeff used a 5150 head on some of the earlier albums. I've also heard rumors of him using a Mesa Boogie Triaxis Pre-Amp on the albums, which I could totally see by listeniing to songs like "Matricide."

So, does anyone actually know what he used, amp or cabs?? Thanks for your help guys!! Take care!!

yeah, I don't get those leads out of my dual rectumfrier too...
he must use something more...
He said he liked the ENGL (Savage??) amp too...
I mailed the Axtra guitar factory once (is this stalking?) and they said they'd made 7 custom 'Stylists', kinda dinkies or soloists or so...Seymour duncan Distortion pups and later changed to SD metal live wire...he has EMGs in the LTD ESPs though.
on tour he uses Marshall Cabs...Jim Dunlop green (tortex?) picks...