Jeff Loomis

Neon_Black88

pHWOAR!!!
Jun 16, 2003
37.49S 144.58E
Visit site
I dont get it, Jeff Loomis is the fucking greatest gutiarist ever, yet there is so little obtainable information on him, or the gear he uses. There is also hardly any Nevermore tabs availible on the internet. How can such a great guitarist be so under-rated??

about the gear question, straight from nevermore.tv:

[size=-1]equipment list:
hr.jpg
[/size]
[size=-1]Loomis
Pod Pro by Line 6 + Floor Board Carvin Cabinets 4x12 ESP H-307 LTD and ESP M-307 LTD Axtra sanctuary 6 string for DNB Dean Markely 10-52's w/70 gauge for low 7th string [/size]

dead6skin6mask6 said:
why hasnt Guitar World picked up on him :/ they seem to think that the System of a Down and Disturbed guitarists are legends

I've been riding those(Guitar World) guys about this issue (i've seen Arch Enemy,Opeth ...etc) I hope in the next few months they will be contacting Mr. Loomis
e-mail the mag to get them more interested!!! I still have a old Guitar mag with Loomis in it (I thing it was Guitar World) It was like homegrown talent or un strung heroes? I will post it here soon whem I find it

-post whore LOM

Yeah, I remember that GW piece....I was so happy to hear the WD found another guitarist to continue the Sanctuary tradition. I wrote to him at the time and couldn't be happier that WD found the best person for the job.

Two more underappreciated guitarists: Tommy Vetterli (Coroner) and Andy Laroque (King Diamond).

a "best" guitarist is a guitarist that can play EVERY SINGLE genre of music PERFECTLY, while playing EVERY single scale, mode, and whatever... being able to name a key by ear, notes by ear, chords by ear, etc... there isnt a greatest guitarist yet... altho Yngwie says he is :p

i think the riffage is amazing, especially for a 7-string. i don't usually like 7-string work, but he really makes it listenable for me. as for the soloing... i think it is on the same level in places, yet having progress in other places