Jeff's new project with Alex Webster & others

Traxan

Mar 10, 2012
http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2013/0...ering-dystopia-with-jeff-loomis-keith-merrow/

Here’s some news that will make death metal fans rejoice: Cannibal Corpse bass legend Alex Webster is teaming up with The Faceless’s Alex Rudinger, Nevermore’s Jeff Loomis and guitarist Keith Merrow on their new project called Conquering Dystopia. The band started as a collaboration between Loomis and Merrow, who got together for a jam session.

“We’ve been talking about it for a while, and it just seems right,” Merrow revealed on his Facebook page. “So, we’ll start writing some new music for that, soon. I’m extremely motivated by the thought of this, and I know that the chemistry between the musical ideas we have will make for a truly amazing album. Be stoked. I’m stoked!”

“Keith asked if I’d like to be a part of the project at the NAMM show earlier this year,” Webster told us. “I said yes right away because I have wanted to play with Jeff Loomis for a while, and I learned shortly afterward that Keith is also a killer guitarist and a great song writer to boot.”

While further details on the project are in the works, Webster also shared that “This will be an instrumental extreme metal project. Somewhat progressive but the emphasis will be on making it HEAVY.”

The band has decided to self-release the yet to be named album and are crowdfunding on IndieGogo. For a taste of what’s to come, check out their pledge video:

Last edited by a moderator:
This was only a matter of time. While I'm actually very interested in hearing the final product, I wonder if it will actually be an instrumental album that I can listen to more than once or twice before not caring at all (like essentially every instrumental album aside from classical).