Jens Bogren to mix the new Soilwork album

AXI

Jun 16, 2008
And I saw them this past January (or maybe February) and remember being really impressed by the other guitarist; I guess that was Sylvain? What ever happened to the dude who replaced Wichers on "Sworn"? (before Ola left)

And I saw them this past January (or maybe February) and remember being really impressed by the other guitarist; I guess that was Sylvain? What ever happened to the dude who replaced Wichers on "Sworn"? (before Ola left)

That was Daniel Antonsson from Dimension Zero. He's now also the bass player in Dark Tranquility.

He is Daniel Antonsson. He plays the bass with Dark Tranquillity since 2008.

Hmm, well, I can't really remember a single really memorable solo on "Sworn", so good riddance I suppose! :D

Sworn to a Great Divide was a great album, but Soilwork is definitely at their best with Wichers in the band. I have high hopes for the new record, given the awesome talent involved. I was also very impressed with Sylvain's playing on the last tour. Seeing "Shadowchild" live was unbelievable!!

Here's a great clip of them playing it on the last tour:

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel's actually a really talented guitarist.

What had really happened was, since Daniel replaced Peter, and Peter decided to come back... Peter in turn replaced Daniel rather than Daniel replacing Ola, who was removed.

Daniel's not in love with touring, and they said they thought as though Sylvain would have been a better fit alongside Peter, as Daniel would then have to learn all of Ola's parts in addition to the fact he'd learned all of Peter's.

Hope that makes sense.

Got it, thanks dude! (should've figured you'd have the scoop :D) Ola was "removed", though? Can you shed any light on that? ;)

I'm not sure if Bogren's production style suits Soilwork, though :erk: And I hope they have a lot better songs than on Sworn... which is the only Soilwork album I don't like a single song from :puke:

I dunno, I'm really excited for this, because I totally feel Jens can pull off a Soilwork mix, and I for one get such a boner thinking of Soilwork with a dose of the "organic" feel Jens' productions are known for :headbang: :worship: Amon Amarth's "With Oden on Our Side" is seriously becoming one of my favorites, a bit of an unsung production compared to the oft-praised TGCD and Watershed, but honestly I think it's my favorite of all of his, check it out! (and I definitely like it more than "Twilight of the Thunder God", which I feel just has too much mids going on overall)

Marcus I just listened to this one again, you're right, the production is killer! I was under the impression that "Twilight of the Thunder God" was the first AA album Bogren did.

Amon Amarth's "With Oden on Our Side" is seriously becoming one of my favorites, a bit of an unsung production compared to the oft-praised TGCD and Watershed, but honestly I think it's my favorite of all of his, check it out! (and I definitely like it more than "Twilight of the Thunder God", which I feel just has too much mids going on overall)

I've had Oden since it was released ;) It's by far the best album Amon has done.

But back to Soilwork... Bogren's sound has nothing to do with songwriting. A good mix doesn't save a shitty album, but luckily a bad mix won't affect a good album.

Knowing Bogren it's *very* unlikely that it will be a 'bad' mix. At the very worst it will be stuffy and 2d sounding, but that's part of his style.

Sounds like an interesting collaboration. Very interested to see how it shapes up. If they can nail a production job better than STD, whilst also squeezing some actual good songs in there, that'd be quite the milestone.

Got it, thanks dude! (should've figured you'd have the scoop :D) Ola was "removed", though? Can you shed any light on that? ;)

The songs he'd been writing had been going away from where they wanted to be, and since he's quite a bit older than the rest of the guys, his ideas about things weren't really meshing well either... you can assume the rest.