Jens Bogren

soundave

Oct 13, 2005
MA
So, some of my recent favorite albums have been mixed by Jens (GR, TGCD, Dismantling Devotion). I am very impressed with his work. I know he basically runs Fascination Street, right? Anyhow, I'm trying to find other stuff he's mixed/produced. Can we begin compiling a list in this thread? When I google him, I don't get a credits list. Is the credits list at Fascination Street basically his credits? Or do they have other engineers on staff?

I think his mixes sound great, what do you think?

i agree. All three of these albums are great and i think a lot of that has to do with the sound quality. I dont know much about mixing and such, but I definately can hear a connection b/w the three albums and really like what i hear.

Amon Amarth - With Oden on Our Side

was produced, mixed and engineerd by Jens

..and its their best album IMO

He's certainly one of the better guys out there. I haven't heard anything by him that's blown my mind, but he seems to be consistently solid and retains the character of the band he mixes, rather than imprinting his own upon them.

He's really good. Mikael said in an interview how Jens was such a perfectionist insisting on redoing parts that sounded fine to him. And his work with Daylight Dies gave their compositions (which are really mid-tempo metal with growls) an immediacy that wasn't there on their first album.

Metal has a vast legacy of murky recordings and bad production embraced by fans as underground, cult, or just plain cool-sounding. Bogren's production goes the other way though, and in the process, I think it lends legitimacy to these bands as artists--not just starving artists who can't afford good studio work.

He's certainly one of the better guys out there. I haven't heard anything by him that's blown my mind, but he seems to be consistently solid and retains the character of the band he mixes, rather than imprinting his own upon them.

Which engineers blow your mind? Just curious because I'd love to hear what audiophiles considering amazing.

^Daylight Dies is the name of a band =p, Dismantling Devotion is their latest album. They are not bad but kinda boring iyam...it is basically Katatonia influenced dark melodeath or smth. They have a forum here on UM fyi