Jens Bogren

Obviously, since it was one of the ones I mentioned in the OP, I don't find it boring at all. I find myself coming back to it again and again.

Which engineers blow your mind? Just curious because I'd love to hear what audiophiles considering amazing.

I'm not an audiophile!

In the metal realm I particularly like Daniel Bergstrand's work with Meshuggah on 'Destroy Erase Improve', Andy Sneap's work on Arch Enemy's 'Doomsday Machine' and Fredrik Nordstrom's work on Nightrage's 'Sweet Vengeance' (although that one does have its flaws).

Although the mainstream engineers tend to do their thing very well also. In this regard you have Randy Staub who mixed Nickelback's 'The Long Road' which has some stellar sounding tracks (not speaking musically here). 'See You At The Show' and 'Throw Yourself Away' are frequently on my reference CDs, and I sometimes use them to tune PA systems for live gigs.

haha sorry man, i guess i just figured you were. I dont listen to nickleback, so i havent heard those tracks.. however, i'm sure a big act like that wouldn't have just anyone mixing their stuff. I like the destroy erase improve sound as well, didnt know who did it though. I only asked because I really like the sound of ghost reveries, so i wanted to know who you were really impressed by.

Oh, I forgot... I really like the production on Rammstein's 'Reise, Reise'. I forget who did that... some Spanish dude I think, or a Swedish one.. I don't know, that album got done in parts all over the world haha.

Just listen to the big single 'Mein Teil' on a good set of speakers. Mind-blowing.

What do you think of ron st germain? He's done 311 stuff and i believe tool, although i'm not sure about tool. Either way, I think he makes average to mediocre bands sound great.

We're talking sheer sound quality here, but Transistor by 311 I think sounds fantastic. Specifically the song "stealing happy hours." The thing about 311 is that the drummer tends to have a very tight snare, but that's his choice. Either way, I think the mix is great.

He also produced El Cielo by Dredg.