Jesper interview...OLD

Thanks for posting.

Interviewer's an asshole...
MU: What do you think of those 80's thrash bands today? Let's start with Metallica, are you a fan of Metallica?

JS: Yes, I'm a big fan of Metallica. Always have been.

MU: You don't think that "Load" and that stuff was boring or too simple?

JS: No, I think that... They're not 18 years old anymore. They're growing and so does the music, I guess.

MU: It doesn't grow, it gets simpler.

JS: Yeah, oh well. They're lazy maybe? But I think they're one of the few bands that really ages with style, in some way. They're not, like, has-beens. They're still pretty cool.
He's basically forcing words into Jesper's mouth...

The Interview said:
]MU: It's not about the cash? (laughs)

JS: No way. (laughs) Then we shouldn't play this kind of music, that's for sure. (laughs) It's OK, money lets us not have to worry about working anymore. But that's enough. That's all I ask for.

Guess that's why they've changed their sound. :lol:

The Interview said:
MU: Will In Flames always be a straight metal band? Would you ever abandon metal?

JS: We will always be fucking heavy. We will be metal. We have done experiments, like "Ordinary Story" on the new album is very different from the rest. But still, we will always be metal.

MU: What do you think the best In Flames album is?

JS: Every one. I mean, the first one sucks, but I'm still proud of it because it was the best we could do at the time. And it was... OK, I take that back. It doesn't suck, but, you know what I mean. At that time, it was an important album and it was getting really huge in the underground and it was one of the albums that helped form this Gothenburg sound.

Very interesting he thinks Lunar Strain sucks.

I read an interview with Anders a couple of days ago. Here's a very interesting extract from it:
We love the work on the Whoracle, and we want to take it to the next level, but we don't want to change it too much. So there are some of the elements in there, and also, if we changed too much, no one would follow! I think that we stayed true to ourselves though, and that’s the main thing, but also to our fans and our roots. There are some bands that really changed their sound to a totally different direction, stop screaming, start singing.
How ironic...

^ what he said.

Maybe Anders should take a look at that interview, hope he will realize that what they're doing today is totally fucking wrong,since Anders said it himself.

np: In flames-in flames

Guess that's why they've changed their sound. :lol:
...or maybe their music has evolved
^I agree with him, haha.
Well, you're both wrong.
Maybe Anders should take a look at that interview, hope he will realize that what they're doing today is totally fucking wrong,since Anders said it himself.
He didn't say it would be wrong. What he said was that it would alienate their older fans. Basically, they've changed because they don't give a shit about you and what you think. They're playing music they want to play, and you either like it or you don't. That's how it should always be.
To quote Necrobutcher of Mayhem: "If you don't like our stuff, fuck you!"
People change, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Exactly.

Hehe :D

This is a very good interview to (re)visit.

Thanks!
I must agree! I have several other interviews mainly from the years 1999 to 2001, very interesting stuff. I'll upload some of them on my website as soon as I can.

By the way, this really cracked me up:
RoR - You must be a pretty recognized guy by now, do you ever get stopped on the street by fans?

AF - Yeah, it happens, you know, weird places. At some point they demand too much, because if you don't have time they get... “They get”, it's not like that but sometimes people get angry because they think that I don't want to talk to them. But I DO want to talk to them, because it makes me happy, but sometimes there's no time. People can get mad and then think I'm a fucking rock star [laughs]. That’s no good.

Oh, and this is what Anders says to the whining bastards (whilst scratching his balls) who hate the new stuff like myself:

vlcsnap44429st2.jpg

2002-10-31 Gothenburg, Sweden

I like how Jesper Has a variety of taste in music.... I too like alot of underground hip hop..I just can't always listen to metal..Maybe they just wanted to expand and still be heavy.. Despite soundtrack being bleh. It's still fucking heavy. I wonder what the Jesper of 99(colony era) Would think of Come Clarity and ASOP

I like how Jesper Has a variety of taste in music.... I too like alot of underground hip hop..I just can't always listen to metal..Maybe they just wanted to expand and still be heavy.. Despite soundtrack being bleh. It's still fucking heavy. I wonder what the Jesper of 99(colony era) Would think of Come Clarity and ASOP
he would probably think its pretty cool considering the fact that his band is alot more popular now, and they are making alot of money from it, regardless of how different it sounds.