Jesper quits In Flames

NobleKnight

Oct 2, 2002
Wisconsin USA
www.nobleknight.com
According to Blabbermouth my favorite member of my favorite band has quit. I'm sure relating to his alcoholism and IF's near constant touring. I met Jesper and Bjorn at the Rave Bar back in 2000 or so. Jesper was especially super cool, drawing me a little caricature of the band and getting all the members to sign it. I'll never forget that. I know IF is one of the most love/hate regarded bands out there, but you can't deny their earlier work. Personally, I thought ASOP was their strongest release since Clayman. Anyways this is super depressing! Hopefully I can at least look forward to the reunion tour in 5 or so years.
Aaron

I really hate this news. Jesper is a great guitarist and songwriter! He'll be missed in IF. I hope he'll now rejoin HammerFall and play with them at PPUSA XI!

I really hate this news. Jesper is a great guitarist and songwriter! He'll be missed in IF. I hope he'll now rejoin HammerFall and play with them at PPUSA XI!

Why would you want that? Anders is a great asset to Hammerfall and has busted his ass with them for years. Jesper only played PART of the first album, Patrik did everything else. If they were to boot Anders and get Jesper back, I would be quite upset. Jesper needs to clean up his act, stop drinking so goddamn much, and start writing some good songs again.

Probably because Glory to the Brave is frequently considered the best Hammerfall album. I believe that is because Jespers obvious melodic touches are scattered all over the album and give it a dimension later work doesn't have.
Aaron

I've always felt In Flames was an elite live band, but an average studio band. While their first five releases are all worth owning, none of those discs would crack my Top 100. Which makes it all that more impressive, that I think they're one of the ten best live acts ever.

In Flames is so loud live that you can actually feel the sound.:headbang:

I wonder who if anybody they will get to replace him? I know that Henrick from evergrey toured with them, but no way would I choose In Flames over Evergrey, even though I am sure there would be much more money with In Flames.

Yeah their headlining tour in suport of "Reroute" is still one of my favorite shows! Fuckign Sentenced, then Dark Tranquility, then Killswitch Engage, then In Flames headlined in a club that holds 250 maybe 300, ah freshmen year of college

I actually saw the second leg of that tour, with Devildriver, Soilwork, Chimaira and In Flames. What a fucking monster of a performance In Flames put on (Soilwork did too). However, the best In Flames show I've ever seen was during the Come Clarity headlining tour (with Trivium). Fucking unbelievable performance. Easily one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Code:
I actually saw the second leg of that tour, with Devildriver, Soilwork, Chimaira and In Flames. What a fucking monster of a performance In Flames put on (Soilwork did too). However, the best In Flames show I've ever seen was during the Come Clarity headlining tour (with Trivium). Fucking unbelievable performance. Easily one of the best shows I've ever seen.

I went to this too. saw them at the Roxy with Zao(intense) as the opening act. all the bands actually parked their buses right behind my car so we had the wait for the bands to come out and move the buses so we could leave. so we met all the bands (in flames, trivium, devildriver, zao) and even got to get on in flames tour bus. we spend a good hour and half hanging out with them (we were the only not band people chilling it was awsome):headbang::worship:heh:

Saw them again in memphis when they toured with Evergrey, but missed most of in flames set cause we were chilling with the guys from evergrey:worship:kickass:

Is there any chance that In Flames will ever be invited to play at a future PPUSA Weekend event? If there is, do any of you wish to sponsor them in such an endeavour?:kickass:

Saw them again in memphis when they toured with Evergrey, but missed most of in flames set cause we were chilling with the guys from evergrey:worship:kickass:

See, I wish this tour had played near me. However, I kinda got the In Flames/Evergrey combo when In Flames headlined again (with Lacuna Coil as support) and Henrik from Evergrey was filling in for Jesper. :lol:

They'd be sooo much better if they played more of those old songs live...I couldn't believe the crowd response to the songs that I deem unworthy compared to not as many knowing Behind Space or Morphing Into Primal. But yeah, they are a great live band, even on the songs I didn't care for.

But they're not for the ProgPower stage.