Jesper Strömblad has left In Flames

Because it's the justification behind farce organizations like Alcoholics Anonymous existing. By saying it's a disease you're implying that you're powerless to control it, and rendering yourself amenable to religious conversion (which is what AA is - a religious sect) by passing your burden off to a 'higher power'.

Sometimes these things are embroidelled in semantics, but this is more a straight denial of fact. The notion that it's a disease has been outright rejected by your Supreme Court on prior occasions, and by many appeals courts. Not only that, but there is no medical basis on which to label it a disease. Ingesting alcohol is an act of choice, and any subsequent reliance is an addiction, not a medical condition.

I still wish Jesper the best. Whatever you label it, it's still nasty, but fortunately for him it's entirely controllable.

He was being sarcastic you turds :lol:

In Flames have been dead to me for a decade now anyway. Jesper or not, who cares. Give him a chance to overcome his addiction (it's not a disease) and maybe he'll settle back into some side projects that actually express decent musical ideas.

+1, I dug Come Clarity, I guess, and Soundtrack had its moments (both good...and seriously awful :loco: ), but I don't even regard the band that made those albums as the same band that made everything prior to 'em, so I can't say I'm too devastated by this news

This sucks, but yeah I've not been a fan of much past Clayman to be fair. Soundtrack has a few good songs like F(r)iend, and Reroute had it's moments.

I actually quite like a sense of purpose and come clarity, although I look at it as a seperate thing to old in flames, they are good albums, just reallly different to the old stuff.

Joe

Man with all these people leaving these awesome bands.. there better be some kind of supergroup forming with all the departed members. Apart from having a TON of guitarists and no singer, that would be an AWESOME band. InfOpeKat!

Anybody know how Jesper is doing or what he's up to now?

What's up with the rest of the band? Apart from that Pendulum colaboration there hasn't been any new music in quite some time.
I've heard rumors that Björn is living in Florida now? I thought he was married back home in Sweden...