Jesper's New Band: The Resistance

The song is as good as an average metal song goes, nothing more. Traditional metalheads will surely like it, and I like it too, more or less. The problem is that the people who wrote it came up with a thousand times better stuff 20 years ago, and that stuff makes this song sound done half-assed, without any effort at all. That one riff is so repetitive, it makes like 80% of the whole song. I didn't expect them to play melodeath again, but they could've at least spiced it up a bit. What I did expect is from Jesper to squeeze in couple of his signature melodies, like he did in Dimension Zero.
Vocals sound great though, and bass too, at that one break when you can actually hear it.

Overall - not bad, but nowhere as near as good as it should be.

Well this was expected (judging from interviews and studio stuff). Fine song, for that genre.

Well they said they recorded TWO songs, which means that the other song is the song with the blastbeats. Can't wait to hear that one then.

The song isn't bad by any means, just kind of...cookie cutter? We use that term a lot don't we? Hard to judge a project on one song in any event, but as of this very moment I like DZ much better.

Sorry man but why would you even think this? Jesper didn't leave In Flames because of the music lol, he wrote the music. If he had left because of musical differences then maybe I can't blame people for thinking he wanted to return to the ''old IF sound''. Clearly he has no interest in it, and this song sounds nowhere close to early IF, not IF at all.

I guess it was more wishful thinking rather than assuming he would do that. I know this doesn't sound anything like IF.

Oh well... like the other dude said... "cookie cutter" is a good way to describe it. Not bad, but nothing amazing or original whatsoever. Can't wait to hear the whole album though. Hopefully there's cooler stuff to hear.

i have seen the resistance live twice the last year and even though their songs might not be as groovy as in flames. they are seriously good live. its fast and brutal and will kick you in the face ;)

to many people harp on about how they want the old IF Jesper mdm style to reimerge,Its called progression of style and it happens to the musicians who are innovative ,Im glad that the guy is moving onward to something new.

Shitty production, but solid song.

Check out the melodic stuff 2.22-3.18

Last edited by a moderator:
I just cant get into The Resistance. Marco's vocals doesnt sound good. Besides, there's nothing special. I could've listen Dimension Zero though.