Jim, a question concerning VIRGIN BLACK

horggard

grr--hiss--snarl
Jun 17, 2001
Visit site
I know you interviewed them a few months ago and was just wondering what was the deal with them--are they a Christian band or just musicians who so happen to be Christians?

I was thinking of buying their 2CD from THE END, but didn't want to be preached to, even if they are possibly taking steps to encode "the word" into their lyrics. Don't mean to sound touchy or bigotted here, but I'm very wary of religious zealots trying to conquer for Christ one dope at a time....

Just average joes who happen to be Christians, no problem; anything else is just bullshit to me.

Thanks,
garth

I'm certainly not a Christian and I can't think of too many lyrics offhand, but obviously I wasn't put off or offended by the lyrics... and they seem to want to duck to whole issue of being a 'Christian band' anyway, so...

Just something to think about: are they ducking the issue because they're hardcore devout or because it's not really important enough for them to respond. Obviously, once more, the former is just silly to me, and the latter, no biggie.

Oh, and just for bragging rights: I got my hands on the new NAPALM DEATH "Order of the Leech", and EUCHARIST's "Mirrorworlds"! WHEEEEE!!!!!

By the way, Jim, what'd you make of that band STRANGE LAND that you sent me a few weeks ago? No need to say what I thought, as you probably read my review.

g.