To Jax ... A REALLY Dumb Question...

Oakenson

Nature's Child
Aug 2, 2003
Michigan, USA
Visit site
All right, did you get the name Jax from Mortal Kombat? I happen to be a huge Mortal Kombat fan and I was just wondering ... :D

Jax is a killer player, especially in Deadly Alliance :)

Haha, that's what I asked her about a year ago on irc chat! :lol: :D

No, I think Jax is the shorter version of her name, Jacqueline (sp?).

But yeah, that MK guy is pretty badass. I like that fatality move where he rips off both of your arms. Ouch!

Psshh.. everyone likes the ninjas, well not me! Except for Rain because he has that kick that makes your opponent fly across the screen, making them look completely stupid. heh

Serge... said:
Psshh.. everyone likes the ninjas, well not me! Except for Rain because he has that kick that makes your opponent fly across the screen, making them look completely stupid. heh
:lol: That is one of my all-time favorite MK moves! Well, in my opinion the only lame ninja is that Shadow guy. He's basically your standard scorp or sub-zero painted in black without any specialities whatsoever.

Oh yeah, seeing what this thread has turned into, I can see we're going straight to Dorkville. :lol:

While we are on the subject of fighting games (more or less), has anyone played Soul Calibur II yet? I played on my friends XBOX all the time and got real good with Spawn (he's such a badass, I set him as my background :D ). Its too bad the PS2 version doesn't have him :(

No, I haven't. In fact, I haven't really played much of these newer console video games. In the old days I used to batter my old Sega and Snes like a motherfucker. Nowadays, I'm sticking to my PC.

Soul Calibur II is AMAZING!

I have been a Nintendo-fan all my life so naturally I have the Gamecube version :) My favorite players are Talim, Casandra, Taki, Yunsung and Link. It is a killer game!

I also enjoy "old-school" gaming a lot. The NES is definitly my favorite console system. I have never gotten into PC gaming though :erk:

Some of my favorite games are:

Mega Man II
Mega Man III
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
Super Mario Bros. III
Light Crusader
Super Street Fighter II
Mortal Kombat II
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
Soul Calibur II

I also have other favorites that I cannot remember at the moment...

Serge... said:
Best game ever: Final Fantasy VII

I second this. I also REALLY like Final fantasy IV. Thats almost the quintisential FF game for me...back in the good old days when things were still mideival...sigh...X-2 looks atrocious...My fav game series right now is Silent Hill.

Oakenson said:
Soul Calibur II is AMAZING!

I have been a Nintendo-fan all my life so naturally I have the Gamecube version :) My favorite players are Talim, Casandra, Taki, Yunsung and Link. It is a killer game!

I also enjoy "old-school" gaming a lot. The NES is definitly my favorite console system. I have never gotten into PC gaming though :erk:

Some of my favorite games are:

Mega Man II
Mega Man III
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
Super Mario Bros. III
Light Crusader
Super Street Fighter II
Mortal Kombat II
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
Soul Calibur II

I also have other favorites that I cannot remember at the moment...
I would buy the PS2 version but I dont really like any of the guys as much as i like Spawn. Yunsung is cool, so are Cervantes and Maxi, but its not worth payin 50 bucks for. Especially since I need to make sure that i have the 35 bucks to buy the Family Guy Season 3 DVD on the 9th. I'll just keep playing at my friends house.

First off, mortal kombat kicks ass. I personally am a Noob fan because he's fuckin' cheap as hell. Other than that, sub or scorpion are the best. I also like baraka... yeah.

As for final fantasy, i prefer 8 over 7... i loved 8. 7 was just so... i dunno...boring and unsatisfying to me.

Actually, my real name is Jackie, & I had a boyfriend about 8 years ago whose online name was Sax..so he nicknamed me Jax, & since I have always hated the name Jackie, I've been Jax ever since. :)

I get compared to the Mortal Kombat guy, some Aussie soap opera guy, & believe it or not, cheese puffs (there's a brand on the east coast called Jax, a friend sent me a bag for the hell of it..they were actually quite good!).

Oh wait, I completely forgot. The best character in any MK game, ever would have to be Raiden in Trilogy. That backwards lightning thing and the teleport.. those moves are classic. Plus that easy fatality, you just hold High Punch. How do I still remember all this?