Jax Wins!

May 9, 2003
I was browsing over on the Gigantour boards and reading a typical thread of people flaming and ranting at one another about Life of Agony headlining the second stage instead of SyX. I won't go into details but near the end of the thread Jax makes a response that gets like two different people to apoligize for what they said and even point out why they were wrong! I have never seen anyone on a thread in my life apoligize and admit that they are wrong until this day. I just thought that it was hilarious and amazing at the same time! Leave it to Jax to do something that amazing!

BTW: I haven't been keeping up with too much lately and must have totally missed that SyX is no longer the headliner for the 2nd stage. What happened? Did Mustaine suddenly pick up Life of Agony and just take the headline slot away from SyX? If so that is kinda not right of him to do that since he gave and advertised that SyX would headline the 2nd stage.

The people over there drive me insane sometimes..sheesh.

As for what happened with the headline/not headline thing, we have no idea. SymX agreed to join the tour as the 2nd stage headliners..then were told LoA would be headlining, so your guess as to WTF happened is as good as mine.

Me either, but don't tell that one guy over there that or he'll try to analyze you (and will do a piss poor job of it).. :rolleyes: :lol:
err.gif

Man, I hadn't realized SymX got ripped off like that. That isn't right to say one thing and then do another. :(

I'd tuned out of that forum because apparently my city sucks and the promoters would never allow a metal tour to stop there. But...ouch. :(

Mustaine is good for things like this though. I forget who he was supposed to tour with, but whatever band it was, they're satanic. Mustaine forced whoever organized the tour to kick this band off, since Mustaine is a born-again Christian. So, I wouldn't be surprised if he ripped off Symphony X for no reason, since he really doesn't seem to care about anyone but himself.

Actually, I think they were really nice seeing as how many people were really into Sy X and they let them play an extra medley over what Fresno got to see. I think they even cut a few minutes into Fear Factory's set. If so, the gigantour people are okay with me.

Jax does a great job in all the forums, and letting us in on the nitty gritty of symphony x's life!
--
I don't think Mustaine is a bad person, whether or not you believe its right or wrong to break a promise or advertise that Symphony X was headlinning the 2nd stage, you should still be happy... Nono EXTATIC that they're on this tour, so let Russell, Romeo and the rest of the band have their small time slot of fame! Everyone in life does bad things hear and there... But yeh anyway, i'm sure Mustaine isn't a bad guy, and in NO way was trying to upset all us forum goers! As far as i'm considered symphony x is going to make new fans, and thats all that matter right? Even if the set list for symphony x isn't as long as we'd want it to be-they are still going to be there, and we should support them by going!
--
If it makes a lick a differince, Symphony X should be at Minimum Head Linning the 2nd stage! But all well, I'm still extatic that they will be there and I'm going to see them, and Dream Theatre, and even megadeth Shred the night away ... One thing really does bother me though... BOBAFLEX :S?

It's wrong. Sy X played third of four. (Meaning, just below LoA and above Dry Kill Logic) It's a sad thing though. There were way more Sy X fans there (Las Vegas) than LoA fans there too.

Jax, I noticed at the webster theater in hartford, CT, Life of Agony is headlining an offdate there. Any chance that any of the other 2nd stage bands (the almighty SX) will be on that bill as well?

urinalcakemix said:
Jax, I noticed at the webster theater in hartford, CT, Life of Agony is headlining an offdate there. Any chance that any of the other 2nd stage bands (the almighty SX) will be on that bill as well?

Not that I'm aware of.

Metropolis Part 2 said:
I saw that and was proud. Anyways, Rose Immortal, get my PM?

Which PM? I guess not...?

BTW--somebody brought up the Christianity issue...lemme make it real clear that not all Christians are jerks (or at least...I don't try to be... :yell: ...oops... :Spin: ). Like any large group, there ARE Christian jerks...but they are NOT the entire group--not even the majority.