Devin Townsend webmaster bashing SyX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demonspell said:
I think it was something like "...and if you didn't like us, buy our fucking t-shirt anyway!" And I agree with Jax, flame wars between forums do nothing to negate the way that SX fans are being perceived as intolerant.
That was it. Thanks.

Lady of the Oracle said:
So what's the purpose of this thread..to rally the troops & go over there and prove his point that SymX fans are jerks? C'mon people..

I wasn't trying to rally up people to insult him. I just thought it should be known of how unprofessional that guy was acting. Devin shouldn't let someone like that represent him. Seems this has gotten out of hand though. Flaming was completely unnecessary.

You know, what makes me angry is not his point. In fact I found him right, as you shouldn't insult anyone. If you don't like it, then shut up and wait the band you were paying for. I myself have gone to several concerts with crappy openers (I live in Chile, and normally opener bands are local). Nonetheless, if you don't like someone being a jerk, just don't be a jerk yourself. God I hate stupid, unthought reactions.

If some SX fans were being weenies, then it's valid to say something about that, but when it comes to talking about the actual music, why in the world would we place any value on what DTB fanboys have to say? It's not like they're into an amazingly talented, highly skilled band doing difficult or innovative music or anything like that. (I think DTB is a good band, just not anything special.) DTB fanboys aren't exactly what I would call authorities on great music. It's better to just ignore them and let them enjoy what they enjoy, and not challenge themselves with anything more difficult.

Prog Maiden said:
I wasn't trying to rally up people to insult him. I just thought it should be known of how unprofessional that guy was acting.
Why? He made the ass of himself, I hardly think it was necessary to encourage the people here to go over and join him in the endeavor..not many of the people who participated in that whole thing came out smelling like roses.

Devin shouldn't let someone like that represent him. Seems this has gotten out of hand though. Flaming was completely unnecessary.
And you expected any different???

For the record, SymX and their crew all told me last night that they had a great time with Devin & his band (I made a point to ask, in order to find out if what the guy was saying had any credence, which it does not..the band was just thrilled to hear about this whole incident though *coughNOTcough*), so this whole stupid freaking argument is a moot point anyway because the webmaster has no idea what he's talking about. I think we can draw this to a close now.

Status
Not open for further replies.