Status
Not open for further replies.

Prog Maiden

Mar 1, 2003
Wayne, PA
Visit site
Has anybody read this thread?

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124911

How ridiculous is this?! I realize that the fans haven't been responding much to Devin, and that's probably because the two bands play very different styles, but that's no reason to bash them! It's to my understanding that Symphony X are fans of some of Devin's material (Jax can you back me up on this one? I know Russ likes SYL...). Even if you like Devin and not SyX, you could at least show them a little respect. They ARE touring together after all. I just thought that was really unprofessional of that guy to be bitching about SyX.

~Meg

Basically, he gets mad at all SX fans for being jerks when in actuality there were VERY few who were actually rude, then stoops down and becomes 10x more of a jerk than any SX fan has been.

The Yngster said:
Basically, he gets mad at all SX fans for being jerks when in actuality there were VERY few who were actually rude, then stoops down and becomes 10x more of a jerk than any SX fan has been.
There's always going to be someone being an asshole. And let's face it, not everyone is going to like the bands playing. That's no reason for him to be an asshole about it too. That was completely unprofessional on his part. I've been to many prog concerts this year and I've only seen one or two fans be complete jerks, so I'm surprised he's even complaining. Although I guess there are plenty of prog snobs out there...

The webmaster's behavior was out of line; but something that I have to mention (on his defense) that the behavior of some SyX fans that post on this board wasn't adequate.

The Yngster said:
Yeah, the key is SOME. This guy makes it seem like every single SX fan has made it their goal to diss Devin
True. You know what? I have the strong urge to flame his balls out, but that would be lowering myself to his level, eh? :p Another thing that I would like to add is that Devin shouldn't allow a person like him to represent him.

That fucking assfaced jerk! I hate when friends stick up for friends instead of prog!

Ultimate_Symphony said:
True. You know what? I have the strong urge to flame his balls out, but that would be lowering myself to his level, eh? :p Another thing that I would like to add is that Devin shouldn't allow a person like him to represent him.
I'd love to flame him too, but I wouldn't. I just thought I should point out his unprofessionalism... That's a good point though. I wonder why Devin has someone like that guy representing him.

Prog Maiden said:
That's a good point though. I wonder why Devin has someone like that guy representing him.
Maybe he didn't know how he was? I would fire that guy's ass right away if I was in Devin's shoes, unless the guy gives a sincere apology.

The webmaster represents himself really without thought being given to how it makes Devin look, apparently. I prefer that to some of the folks I've worked with who are pieces of shit without the public ever knowing.That said... I now understand why Americans hate the french!

Yngvai X said:
Theres a difference between sticking up for Devin and outright insulting the band who without them Devin wouldn't even have been able to tour.
I can understand why you object to his behavior, but I don't think Devin and his management owe anything to Symphony X, I'm sure the DTB would have toured with someone else. In fact, I was surprised when this one was announced because of the now apparent audience clash and the fact that Devin has done headlining tours in the past).

Hey, it was a pretty weird combination for a tour, anyway. I think that DTB and SYL are okay, but I don't think that they would be much of a treat for fans that are going to see a melodic, technical band like Symphony X. I know that this issue has already been discussed, but it seems like there are plenty of other American bands that would be a better fit. Kamelot, Jag Panzer, Steel Prophet, Shadow Gallery, etc., would have a better overlap of fans.

That guy needs to stop taking out his bitterness on Symphony X fans. I don't care if he doesn't like SyX, why should he care if anyone likes the DTB? Bitch, bitch, bitch. Sounds like a mall metal kid when you insult his favorite bands.

I say we castrate him with guitarstrings before he breeds! That'll teach him to diss the melodic godliness of our favorite band!

Status
Not open for further replies.