Symphony X headlining ProgPower USA 2012

May 9, 2003
I just remembered that this years PPUSA happened recently, and I was bored and curious so I went to the website for the event to see who played. When I got to it all it showed me was the lineup for next years festival that was apparently announced at this years show. Come to find that it says SyX is not only going to be there next year but are Saturday night's headliner (making them THE headliner of next year).

I was just a bit curious if this is legit as I have not heard anything here from anyone about it. Usually Jax keeps us updated on confirmed shows in the news threads and whatnot. Maybe since the show is so far away, that is why it hasn't been updated in the confirmed shows?

Anyway, I am glad to see that SyX are not only playing PPUSA again, but get to headline and play in a much nicer ampitheater. It could be a great place to record a live DVD if you know what I mean... :p

Hello,

It was confirmed with their management (World Entertainment Inc) & booking agent (Firstrow Talent). I received permission from both to make the announcement on Sept 16th at this year's festival. As to when the band chooses to personally acknowledge the confirmation, I cannot guess. The festival is a long ways off so it's understandable that their total focus remain on the current world tour.

I guess you can take comfort in fact that their hasn't been a denial issued either. :)

Glenn
ProgPower USA

You don't have to doubt the legitimacy of a PPUSA announcement. Bands aren't announced until they are confirmed. The promoter doesn't play that game, like many others do...... As for nothing coming out of the Symphony X camp, See the response above :) You missed another GREAT fest this year.
C'mon down in 2012. You won't be disappointed!

Here's a list of who played this year.....
The Wednesday show was an Evergrey acoustic set that was FANTASTIC, and Thursday saw Evergrey & Vanden Plas...

FRIDAY, SEPT. 16, 2011:

SANCTUARY (USA)
IHSAHN (Norway) * +
MOB RULES (Germany) +
ELDRITCH (Italy) +
VOYAGER (Australia) *
DARKWATER (Sweden) +
CREATION'S END (USA)

SATURDAY, SEPT. 17, 2011:

THERION (Sweden) +
DREAM EVIL (Sweden) +
LABYRINTH (Italy) * +
RED CIRCUIT (Germany) * +
WHILE HEAVEN WEPT (USA)
HAKEN (UK) * +

Here's a list of who played this year.....
The Wednesday show was an Evergrey acoustic set that was FANTASTIC, and Thursday saw Evergrey & Vanden Plas...

FRIDAY, SEPT. 16, 2011:

SANCTUARY (USA)
IHSAHN (Norway) * +
MOB RULES (Germany) +
ELDRITCH (Italy) +
VOYAGER (Australia) *
DARKWATER (Sweden) +
CREATION'S END (USA)

SATURDAY, SEPT. 17, 2011:

THERION (Sweden) +
DREAM EVIL (Sweden) +
LABYRINTH (Italy) * +
RED CIRCUIT (Germany) * +
WHILE HEAVEN WEPT (USA)
HAKEN (UK) * +

Yeah, I was already aware of Evergrey playing the entire "In Search of Truth" album at one of the pre-show events and was really bummed that I was going to miss something that special; however, I just couldn't make it.

I have been aware of PPUSA for like 8-10 years now and just have never been able to make it to one even though Atlanta is only like a 5 hour drive for me. This year I wasn't really liking the lineup too much as Therion is the only band I would care to see out of those really (Darkwater is OK I guess). There have only been 2 or 3 linueps over all these years that I have found worthy enough of paying the amount it costs to go see the festival, and those years always ended up being the worst times for me unfortunately. The one in particular I remember absolutely hating to miss was in like 03 or 04. Symphony X had Odyssey out and were co-headliners but later were bumped to headliners sometime close to the festival as Nightwish switched spots with them. Evergrey was playing as well along with bands such as Adagio (Underworld had just come out), Into Eternity, and I think maybe even Pain of Salvation as well. Pretty much a lot of bands I was really into at that time were there that year. I am not really into them but I remember that a lot of people were making a big deal about Rage playing that year too.

For me, there hasn't been a bad year PPUSA-wise. Give me 2 or 3 bands I like, & the rest is just gravy. It really turned into a big family reunion after the first one. :) Try to make it to one, you'll definitely want to come back :heh: Rage kicked ass......