Castlevania- Symphony X?

SymphonyXFan

Resident Mr Evil
Jul 20, 2002
England
Just curious, when searching for some Symphony X media on a program called Kazaa, the list came up with many Symphony X tracks [obviously]. However, there were also many tracks that were from a videogame called Castlevania- Symphony of the Night listed and next to these titles, it said the artist was Symphony X.

I'm wondering....did the legendary Symphony X create the music for this game or not? [the music certainly sounds similar...]

And before people get angry- I've never downloaded a SyX mp3 and never intend to do so either [I'm not a believer in ripping off hardworking bands and will always, at some point in time, buy their every album].

I think people don't answer the thread boz it's kinda..obvious :err:
Of course Symphony X never created a single song for Konami.
But I know in Castlevania 2,for NES,there's a song that looks identical to Yngwie's Far Beyond The Sun[The classic].
If you are curious,just check out:
http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania
I think that's the link.. :D

Yeah, Castlevania has always had very neoclassical metal sounding soundtracks, and Symphony of the Night has tracks that REALLY sound like Symphony X. In fact, thats how I got a friend of mine into SyX, I played him a song and he said "whoa this sounds like Castlevania music!" :D

Ok thanks. I didn't think they did it- I was just curious...:cry:

Anyway, yes I agree, Castlevania: SOTN has a pretty similar sound to Symphony X- Which is maybe why I like SyX so much [love that game- love Symphony X :) ].

I'll check out the website.

Originally posted by Orlock

But I know in Castlevania 2,for NES,there's a song that looks identical to Yngwie's Far Beyond The Sun[The classic].

Actually, Paganini has a piece very reminiscent of the aforementioned "Far beyond the Sun" (or, more accurately, _Yngwie_ has piece very reminiscent of _Paganini´s_ ;) ).

Cheerio.

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Hey, Pyjtmoskil Flardenvirr. Have you been watching Game On? Your quote has the Skunk Pussy Right Now line that was used in one of the episodes. That show rocked!

You betcha.:) Game On is/was without a doubt my favorite sit-com...ever. Too bad Ben Chaplin left after the first season, though, as he was absolutely fantastic in that part. I actually haven´t seen any of the episodes with the guy who replaced him, I just can´t picture the show without mr Chaplin.:)

Nice to see someone else also thinking Game On was a truly rocking show.

"I feel peculiar when i haven´t got a clear view of the telly." - Genius, pure genius.:D