Before Symphony X...

I was listening to Phantom's Opera today. He does some really good leads on that disc...and the production is great. He never mentions his work with that band. Is he ashamed of it? Anyone know how old he was when he joined that band? How long of a break was there between that first PO cd and the Dark Chapter?

Originally posted by †Russel Allen†®
Aaahhmm... do you people know where the other SyX members played B4 joining Symphony X?!?! I've heard that Mr. Romeo had a band called "DC Drive", and they played only pure hard rock... is that right!??!?!!

That was a different Michael Romeo if you can believe it. I have the disc just because of that very mixup. Phantom's Opera was the pre-Symphony X project from the "real" Michael Romeo if you will ;)

I am definetely sure that he played on the entire debut cd. Romeo had music writing credits as well as playing on one song on the "So Long To Broadway" album.

Glenn
:)

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
What style of music is Phantom's Opera?

Its really cheesy Bon Jovi style metal actually :D. I only got it cause Im a Romeo-holic. He does two pretty cool solos especially for the age he was then (20 I think?). I can only reccomend this to diehard Romeo fans, although as my friend put it to me once "Michael Romeo is not a good enough reason for you to own this CD" hehehe...