Symphony X @ Opera House in Toronto. What did you think?

Negativeions

New Metal Member
Nov 18, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Symphony X rules!!!!!!!!!......
Romeo was flawless on the guitars! It was unbelievable. I wish the picking would have come out a bit clearer and I was hoping they'd play Fallen or The Eyes of Medusa! That would have been the ultimate set of the universe! All in all Symphony X kicked some F'in ass. Russel is great on the stage and doesn't take things too seriosuly, which I thought was cool. What I don't understand is the how Blind Guardian got such a large reception compared with SX. I didn't realize they were popular. Those guys can't touch Romeo. Symphony X played a way better show. Symphony X forever!

oh man oh man oh man !!!! WHAT A FUKIN SHOW SX PUT ON LIVE !!!! OH MY GOD !!!!! they were truly AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING !!!!! AND YES i couldn't believe how ROMEO played !!! he BLEW ME AWAY !! he looks just brilliant !!! russell's vocals were Godly too !!!
one dissapointment is that i really wanted them to play King of Terrors or Inferno !! but still Wicked fukin kicked major MAJOR ass !!!!!
i really really felt sorry for BG goin on after SX , poor guys got killed by SX !!!! after a few songs from BG , it got boring and i wanted to leave but stayed for the hell of it !!!
i cannot wait to see them live again !!! and i would like Russell to get more agressive with vocals on stage like in king of terrors !!!!!!
the last 3 min of the show after sins of shadows was brilliant !!!!! DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW , THIS OPPORTUNITY COMES ONCE IN A LIFETIME :lol: ( eminem ) :D
SX BABY YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH :headbang: \M/

The Opera house is the most wickedest place to have a prog metal show. The theme fit the music so well it was ridiculous. It really looks like an opera house but with darker atmosphere. I liked the chandaliers, crumbling statue near the entrance and the decors around the stage.

Why should the praising of one band be followed by the bashing of another? I'm sure there were people there that didn't really care for Symphony X and felt that it was BG that blew SX away.

"What I don't understand is the how Blind Guardian got such a large reception compared with SX. I didn't realize they were popular."

I don't know, maybe it's because they're one of the biggest bands on the scene right now, having existed since the mid-80's and having released seven studio albums since then? I could be mistaken of course :rolleyes:

"Those guys can't touch Romeo."

And Romeo can't touch many other musicians that are out there, I'm sure, but why should that matter? Though it might come as a surprise, not everyone feels that the better musician also makes the better songwriter.

For the record, I'm certainly NOT bashing SX. They and BG are in fact probably my two favorite bands out there right now, whose songwriting abilities IMO are virtually unmatched on the metal scene (though I don't really like BG's latest album myself). What I am concerned about though, and what I had expected would happen - as it always does - is people who are only fans of either one of the touring bands start to downplay the other group, or start bashing them or their performance just to convince themselves that 'their' band is better. Normally I wouldn't really care, but as SX and BG are both so dear to me I'd hate to see that happen right now. This is, as far as I'm concerned, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, seeing those two supergroups on stage together...only trouble is, I'm on the wrong side of the ocean. Generally it's Europe that gets all the good stuff and the U.S. that gets left out, but now that the tables are turned for once, please enjoy this wonderful (and rare) chance and don't start pitting the two bands against one another every time there's been a venue. Be glad with wat you've been given instead, I'd say.

This is, as far as I'm concerned, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, seeing those two supergroups on stage together...only trouble is, I'm on the wrong side of the ocean. Generally it's Europe that gets all the good stuff and the U.S. that gets left out, but now that the tables are turned for once, please enjoy this wonderful (and rare) chance and don't start pitting the two bands against one another every time there's been a venue. Be glad with wat you've been given instead, I'd say. [/B]

Agreed, athough I am on the right side of the ocean now and will be seeing them twice :D. But SyX and Blind Guardian are also my two favorite bands so I really can't wait to see both, and yes I also get dissapointed when I see so many SyX fans bash BG (though I will admit it on the BG forum I dont see too many people bashing SyX).

I totally agree with The King Of Terrors. The syx board has been filled with threads and post bashing other bands lately or people talking about other bands with a ''Holier Than Thou'' arrogant attitude wich I really hate. We all here love syx but there's no need to have this attitude against other bands this always ends in heated arguments so let's keep it cool:) .

Originally posted by Ultimate_Symphony
I totally agree with The King Of Terrors. The syx board has been filled with threads and post bashing other bands lately or people talking about other bands with a ''Holier Than Thou'' arrogant attitude wich I really hate. We all here love syx but there's no need to have this attitude against other bands this always ends in heated arguments so let's keep it cool:) .

Exactly, sorta like that OTHER progressive metal bands' forum goers (which is the reason why I dont go on their forums anymore). So I hope that doesnt happen over here :)

Originally posted by Yngvai X
Exactly, sorta like that OTHER progressive metal bands' forum goers (which is the reason why I dont go on their forums anymore). So I hope that doesnt happen over here :)

Agreed, let's cross our fingers:D

I wish I could see SyX on this tour, but they will not be playing in Alabama! I would love to see Romeo play live. I honestly can't think of any guitarists Michael Romeo can't hold his own against when he is outright shredding. I am glad he chooses to be a little more restrained than that although he has a few sick leads on the new one. Keep the reviews coming!

btw, Negativions, I saw your post at the blind guardian forum. What the hell did you expect them to say to your post there? Did you register just to tell BG fans that Symphony X is better than BG? You're an ass. Grow up.

The Symphony X set in Toronto was just like Montreal's except we got Church of the Machine and Montreal didn't. They replaced Egypt with Church of the Machine, but then later came back on to play Egypt cuz "Blind Guardian was cool and let us play one more song" according to Russell. Correct me if I'm wrong about this.