So, what other bands do you Symphony X fans enjoy?

SR wrote
Hey Cross Purposes was not that bad (if a bit soft-rock for my tastes, but Tonys voice is still flawless so theres quite a few songs on it I like).. the worst album was forbidden.. holy shit did BS screw Tony over with that one!!!

I like Cross Purposes in places.....have you heard the live disc/video...Tony 's voice is shot...but he sounds good in the studio though.....the 3 albums with him on vocals before Cross Purposes are classic.
Didn't Forbidden have Ice-T on it? what a joke. :confused:

I like Cross Purposes in places.....have you heard the live disc/video...Tony 's voice is shot...but he sounds good in the studio though.....the 3 albums with him on vocals before Cross Purposes are classic.
Didn't Forbidden have Ice-T on it? what a joke

no I havent heard the live version, and my two all time favorite metal albums are probably tyr and headless cross because they were my first teenage love (after 7 years I still cant get enough of them or his voice).

Yes Ice T was on forbidden *eek*, I read on Tonys site that BS purposely railroaded that album as a way to force him to walk out on them so they could do their Ozzy reunion tour.

I'm sorry but Ozzy Sabbath is the shit....especially Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Vol 4....musically superior but maybe not vocally. I guess it depends on what era you can associate best with...some of the best times of my life were accompanied by those old albums.

Taliwakker said:
I'm sorry but Ozzy Sabbath is the shit....especially Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Vol 4....musically superior but maybe not vocally. I guess it depends on what era you can associate best with...some of the best times of my life were accompanied by those old albums.

Well I will say SBS & Junior's Eyes are great songs. But I am 16, although I heard the ozzy sabbath before Martin and Dio. I have always been into Rainbow, Dio, DP, old Whitesnake, 80's Sabbath, and other stuff like that.

I like old ozzy stuff too, like SBS, Paranoid, NIB, etc.. his voice sucks but its some cool shit regardless. I grew up on Sabbath above all else, so its just the 'norm' for me.

P.S. I havent heard much Mercenary but I actually really dig what I have heard.

Van Halen
In Flames
Dream Theater
The Police
Children of Bodom
Black Label Society
At the Gates
Arch Enemy
AC/DC
Cacophony
Iron Maiden
Soundgarden
Megadeth
Dimmu Borgir
Days of the New
Boston
Avenged Sevenfold
Metallica
Rush
Vanden Plas
Alice in Chains
Becker/Vai/Howe/Satriani/Yngwie..etc

I think I covered a few that haven't been mentioned yet.

Macy said:
It's funny how people get something out of bashing other bands. What is wrong with Evanescense, Avril and everything else you just bashed? Is it because it's overplayed? That doesn't make the music bad.
Because it's mainstream? Oh, you all wanna be soooo underground, huh?
Or do you actually have some kind of musical knowledge and are able to tell that the music they make is poorly made, out of tune, out of beat and so on? I bet some of you may do, but most people who trash other bands just do it because... hell, I have no idea why you do it. God knows I've had my days too but then I realized it was dumb because I had no real reason for it. Just the simple fact that one doesn't like the style in music doesn't justify it. I'm just wondering.

Anyway, here's my list, which no one will care about since they will be too busy being upset about what I just wrote, or ignore me completely just because I said that they would react. You decide...

And sorry about the attitude, we're all nothing but human
It's simply the attitude that you get from the so called metal "elitists."

Taliwakker: Mercenary is an excellent Danish metal band that should appeal to Symphony X fans. Their last album "Everblack" is fantastic.

BastardDrummer: The Police was a great band.

I'll stick to stuff I'm liking recently:

Dave Matthews Band

Bumblefoot

Shawn Lane

Winds ---------->>>>>>> You SyX fans should actually give this band a try, they're pretty good. they utilize a string ensemble, there's shred, but they've omitted the cheesy power metal stuff.....it's kinda dark and ambient at times and definitely less agressive than SyX, but still pretty cool.

Symphony X
Therion
Dream Theater
Iced Earth
Blind Guardian
Evergrey
Nightwish
Sentenced
Anathema
Ayreon/Star One
Angra
Helloween
Hammerfall
Rhapsody
Sonata Arctica
Kamelot
Stratovarius
Pain of Salvation
Avantasia
Gammaray
Galloglass
Symphorce
Dragonforce
Into Eternity
Opeth
Megadeth
Children Of Bodom
In Flames
Dark Tranquility
Labyrinth
Dream Evil

There's alot more when I come to think about it to.

BastrdDrmr said:
It's simply the attitude that you get from the so called metal "elitists."
No, it's the attidude of people who don't like bad, dull, poorly written music. I don't care about the image or the performance. If i like it, i like it. I just have a hard time respecting "artists" who can't even write their own shit.

as for my list..... this isn't everything i listen to but at this point i've got the thrash thing going on and old school death metal stuff, so here goes:

SUSPERIA (the new album is the best album ever)
Megadeth
Testament
Venom
Sodom
Kreator
Obituary
Possessed
Coven
Nevermore
Borknagar
Sentenced
Judas Priest
Haggard
Brainstorm
Vehemence
too fuckin' much else. i may get back to y'all with a full list later. this is just off the top of my head.

theodyssey said:
No, it's the attidude of people who don't like bad, dull, poorly written music. I don't care about the image or the performance. If i like it, i like it. I just have a hard time respecting "artists" who can't even write their own shit.

Your theory applies to 1 out of 100 people. If not less...

...No, I'd say way less... more like 1 out of 1000 (and counting)

Well...

Symphony X
Dream theater
Planet X
Derek Sherinian
Paradise lost
My dying bride
Anathema
Block out
The gathering
Therion
Iron maiden