Atlanta show, 8/7/07

At TBS...I was wearing the TDWoT shirt, I even asked you if you were planning on going to the Atlanta show and you said no.

Positive.. I haven't been to TBS in forever. I don't know a Travis :Smug:

p.s - I'm getting a bit scared that this show isn't going to get confirmed, though. Not being pessimistic, but plenty of S-X's other shows and the one's that the venue has listed for other bands are being sold at much later dates. I just hope that we get to go...I want to see them so bad!!! GRAAAAAAA!!!!

I am really really wanting to go. I have been waiting for 5-6 years to see them play. At least you haven't known about them for all those years until recently and had to wait for so long. I wanted to see them a few years ago when they played a good spot at prog power in Atlanta with other great bands too. Unfortunately I couldn't go.

The thing with me is that the guy I was going to go with may not be able to go cause its on a Tuesday and he can't afford to take off of work. He is a SyX fan but not a HUGE one like me so its not as much a priority for him to go as it is for me. I not only don't want to go alone, but also don't want to drive because I am a country boy and I know how traffic in Atlanta is.

BTW...I saw your tatoos on the other thread so now I know you are not the guy I was thinking of.....you look completely different.

I am really really wanting to go. I have been waiting for 5-6 years to see them play. At least you haven't known about them for all those years until recently and had to wait for so long. I wanted to see them a few years ago when they played a good spot at prog power in Atlanta with other great bands too. Unfortunately I couldn't go.

Yeah...I only found out about them about 3 months ago from playing Guitar Hero. A friend made a hacked version with Inferno on it and I was immediately like "who the fuck is this". So I downloaded their shit and long story short...they are by a long shot, my new favorite band :loco:

lol....the infamous GHII/Inferno customization eh? There have been so many youtube videos of people who have customized Inferno into GHII. The other day I found on youtube someone who put The Edge of Forever in GHII. I think it looked a lot tougher than Inferno looked too. Well, at first its slow but suddenly gets really complicated after the first couple minutes. Its a long song too so that makes it tougher too I think.

BTW, I thought you said in another thread that you first heard SyX at Gigantour?

BTW, I thought you said in another thread that you first heard SyX at Gigantour?

Nope. A friend burned the hacked GH2 to a disc for me and I loaded it up and watched him play Inferno. At first I thought it was some 1 hit wonder band he had to show me so I didn't think very much of it. Then later when he left I sat down at my computer and really "listened" to it and that was it for me.

When the first Gigantour was announced I only knew who Megadeth, Dream Theater, and Dillinger was. I thought S-X was just another "passing" band.

Even when I went to the 2nd Gigantour with Opeth, Lamb of God, and Arch Enemy (which was an amazing concert) I had no clue who they were yet unfortunately.

...and it's a fuckin' shame too! Because Wicked is one of my favorite S-X songs and I found out that they played it at every show. :cry:

OK, so here's the deal. Its Friday morning, past 10am, still nothing from the venue or ticketmaster about this show. I want to express my disdain for all of the official parties involved here. First, everyone at the venue has no idea what the heck is even going on with their own shows; Two, the record label refers us to the venue (if you need to find out how retarded the venue is, please see statement one), and three to the Symphony X team who refered us to the venue as well. So what everyone is telling us is....yes we put a show up on our website "months" ago that we just can't help our fans out with. Great way to repay years of dedication. Peace : /

I was going to say just give it more time since the show is still a couple of months away. Then I realized that the show is only like a little more than a month away.....

It is kind of hard to plan to go to a show and get time off and all that ahead of time if you are not even sure the show is happening.

It is kind of hard to plan to go to a show and get time off and all that ahead of time if you are not even sure the show is happening.

Yep. It really sucks man. If it isn't confirmed by now it probably won't be seeing how there are confirmed shows at the masquerade scheduled in November and this is only August 7. Shows for any band usually go on sale at least 2 months in advance.

I'm bummed.

Last time I was on the site it didn't list ANY shows for like two months straight. It went into July and then skipped all the way up to like October for some reason....

Someone could call them and ask if wheter the tickets are on sale now or not if they can at least confirm that they WILL be having it?

I don't want to call long distance again myself though...

Okay, so here is the new deal. I called up the venue just a minute ago and asked specifically about August 7th and Symphony X. They guy told me that they don't have anything out on the calendar as of yet. He said that the band may indeed have a confirmed show there but the agency may still be working out the details for the band. He also said that it is not unusual for tickets to not be on sale this close to the date of the show with these kinds of issues. God willing something gives soon or I may go crazy. I'll keep everyone posted if I find out new info. Lata.

Okay, so here is the new deal. I called up the venue just a minute ago and asked specifically about August 7th and Symphony X. They guy told me that they don't have anything out on the calendar as of yet. He said that the band may indeed have a confirmed show there but the agency may still be working out the details for the band. He also said that it is not unusual for tickets to not be on sale this close to the date of the show with these kinds of issues. God willing something gives soon or I may go crazy. I'll keep everyone posted if I find out new info. Lata.

Awesome bro. Thanks for keeping the hope alive lol.

I'll call again soon as well if I need to. I did the other day but I guess it was too late.