Atlanta Show? - canceled, postponed til the fall.

achamian

New Metal Member
Apr 20, 2009
I'm hoping someone is on here with some updated information. The official Evergrey page still states that there is a show on 5/29 at The Local in Atlanta. However, The Masquerade in Atlanta now shows that Evergrey is scheduled to appear there on 5/29. It appears a change in venues has occurred, which is good - The Masquerade is great. I am concerned that the new venue has a link to tickets for sale at Ticketmaster. This is not who handled the original tickets from the cancelled show - tickets we've been told will be honored at the rescheduled show. Now that the ticket seller has changed - I am concerned.

Can anyone confirm that the venue has changed?

Can anyone confirm that my tickets (purchased through ticketalternative) are still going to be good as originally promised?

I just want to see Evergrey!!!

peace.

I'm hoping someone is on here with some updated information. The official Evergrey page still states that there is a show on 5/29 at The Local in Atlanta. However, The Masquerade in Atlanta now shows that Evergrey is scheduled to appear there on 5/29. It appears a change in venues has occurred, which is good - The Masquerade is great. I am concerned that the new venue has a link to tickets for sale at Ticketmaster. This is not who handled the original tickets from the cancelled show - tickets we've been told will be honored at the rescheduled show. Now that the ticket seller has changed - I am concerned.

Can anyone confirm that the venue has changed?

Can anyone confirm that my tickets (purchased through ticketalternative) are still going to be good as originally promised?

I just want to see Evergrey!!!

peace.

The show is now at the Masquerade and your tix will be honored. Check out this thread:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa/484539-evergrey-show-masquerade.html

I've had my tickets in hand for Atlanta since well before the original 3/12 date was postponed and was hoping to attend the May 29 make-up date. I hope that Ticket Alternative will still honor returns on these otherwise I'm out $50+ bucks. I hope Tom posts some news about this tour in the fall soon - I hate reading about Evergrey news in other forums (even if it comes from 100% reliable sources.)

I got a message today from Ticket Alternative stating that they are crediting my credit card. If you don't hear something in the next day or so, I'd give them a call.

Kim

Things happen, but the postponement, venue change, abysmal communication and finally the canceling of the show altogether have made me grumpy. I got my refund from ticket alternative today, but the whole mess still cost me $10.50 in fees for my 3 tickets. So, for the price of an album download I got the hassle of watching Evergrey mismanage the event and piss me off. And for all that - not so much as a word from the band.

I wish someone from the band would give us an update on what is going on. :( I know they are probably busy with plenty of other things at the moment though.

My guess is that the struggling world economy has a lot to do with it. The costs associated with coming over to the United States for a single show (without a tour lined up around the Atlanta date) outweighed the money they would have made playing this gig. Remember, they originally added the Atlanta date as a bonus gig on their way to an already planned festival appearance in Mexico City. Hopefully they will announce something regarding a proper tour of the U.S. for later this year... Or at least I can continue to dream for that. :headbang: