Jim has a brain tumor. I can't believe it.

Pitiless Wanderer

Jun 14, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
This, I must say, is awful news and absolutely shocking. Hopefully the procedure goes well and Jim has a full recovery.

NEVERMORE Bassist To Undergo Surgery To Remove Benign Brain Tumor - Feb. 16, 2011 Bassist Jim Sheppard of Seattle metallers NEVERMORE will undergo surgery today (Wednesday, February 16) to remove a benign braintumor. The band's vocalist, Warrel Dane, says, "Please, all metalhead brothers and sisters, send your positive energy for our brother."

Sheppard in 2006 missed a number of NEVERMORE shows after undergoing a minor procedure for Crohn's Disease, a condition he's managed for nearly 20 years. Filling in for Sheppard was longtime friend James MacDonough (ex-MEGADETH, ICED EARTH).

"The Obsidian Conspiracy", the newalbum from NEVERMORE, sold around 4,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 134 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD landed at position No. 1 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

I called him and talked to him last night for a good half hour while he was in his hospital room and he seemed to be in really good spirits and was really positive about the whole ordeal. He just wanted to hurry up and get it over with.

Great to hear he's in good spirits....all the best to Jim. Good that it's benign and not malignant that could have been disastrous. Sending love and hope for a full and speedy recovery. Hope to see the guys back together kicking ass in Tilburg soon!

Sending good vibes to Jimmy.

4NrKgl.jpg

This was falsely posted a couple of weeks ago (or at least not by the right person)and the thread was removed. I'm guessing it's real this time, though :(

:erk:
Really sad news, all my best to brother Jim, our bassplayer had it a few years back and he pulled through so at least there's hope.
Horns up!