Jim Matheos and John Arch together again!

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
I'm really looking forward to this one:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152526

FATES WARNING/OSI guitarist Jim Matheos and former FATES WARNING singer John Arch are currently working together on a new full-length album that will be released in late spring/early summer via Metal Blade Records. The band, called ARCH/MATHEOS, began tracking the drums on January 12 and will continue to record through mid-February with both John Arch and Jim Matheos producing the album. ARCH/MATHEOS features an all-star lineup including the talents of Joey Vera (ARMORED SAINT, ANTHRAX, FATES WARNING, SEVEN WITCHES) on bass, Bobby Jarzombek (HALFORD, FATES WARNING, SEBASTIAN BACH, RIOT) on drums, and Frank Aresti (FATES WARNING) on additional lead guitar.

John Arch era Fates Warning was absolutely the best music they ever created, while I also liked the music made with Ray Alder, I'll take the John Arch music any day over that later days output. "The Spectre Within", "Awaken the Guardian" oh so good.... Too bad they could not get Mark Zonder to play drums :( I like Frank Aresti, but really love Zonder's drumming.

yep, twist of fate was frickin awesome... but i'm not going to say that the arch-era was better than the alder-era... dig both of them, i mean - pleasant shade of gray is one badass masterpiece as well as awaken the guardian is.. def a must buy for this year.