Jim's Website sucks

BenMech

student of the d'eh
Yeah, I'll be the lame one to say this, but Why did he even bother having the site, IF IT'S NEVER UPDATED????

It was a fun site to visit when Jim actually wrote reviews online or editorials or things, instead of being a merchant who just wants to sell Inkwet copies of his newsletter:confused: :bah:

Originally posted by OceanMech
Yeah, I'll be the lame one to say this, but Why did he even bother having the site, IF IT'S NEVER UPDATED????

It was a fun site to visit when Jim actually wrote reviews online or editorials or things, instead of being a merchant who just wants to sell Inkwet copies of his newsletter:confused: :bah:

The site's the advertisement. :)

All my ftp/html software stuff's 'trial period' ran out so I haven't been able to upload shit, heh, trying to figure that out, but plans are for weekly site content... an interview/editorial and a review or two from each issue on a 30 issue delay will pop up... I just mailed out issue 27, so when issue 31 pops up, some stuff from issue #1 will be posted (I know all the 1 and 2 interviews are already up), etc...

Plus weekly teasers of the current issue!

Speaking of issues......my last one came in the yellow envelope, but I see it took 2 stamps. Hell......save the money from the additional stamp, and use 1 staple in each corner instead. They would get mangled with only one staple, but one in each corner should do the trick. .....and save you a few bucks in the process!

BTW....what is your "real" job, if you don't mind me asking?
That comment in the other tread about wearing the same clothes & smelling like shit killed me!

Originally posted by jageorge72
Speaking of issues......my last one came in the yellow envelope, but I see it took 2 stamps. Hell......save the money from the additional stamp, and use 1 staple in each corner instead. They would get mangled with only one staple, but one in each corner should do the trick. .....and save you a few bucks in the process!

Actually, when he was sending them stapled, I ended up with someone elses mail stuck inside the pages... Someone from Atlanta, so it's not like the mailman misdelivered!

I've got lighter weight envelopes that I'll use now that only require one stamp for US subscribers... .2 ounce difference between 28# envelopes and 24# envelopes makes all the difference.

BTW....what is your "real" job, if you don't mind me asking?
That comment in the other tread about wearing the same clothes & smelling like shit killed me!

Customer service for an ISP. I sit in my cube and answer phones 4 days a week, 10 hour days...

Originally posted by The Nomad

Actually, when he was sending them stapled, I ended up with someone elses mail stuck inside the pages... Someone from Atlanta, so it's not like the mailman misdelivered!

Yet another problem with just stapling.

I want to know how the Wrestling Observer sends out 5000 perfectly folded, just stapled copies every week, and how mine anyway always arrives in pristine condition.