jobs

blackeyed

original rude boy
Nov 7, 2003
england
www.faceparty.co.uk
so im guess that alot of us on here are not in full time employment....so what's your part time job then? what do you do? do you like it? got any friends there etc?
im at B&Q in a town outside of liverpool called st helens (also known lovingly as st smellens) its like a diy store selling stuff from screws and nails to chainsaws and kitchens. i just work on the checkouts - pretty decent job really, my supervisor steve is sound too - he has great music taste! quite friendly place to work :D....good money too - which is the bottom line really being a poverty stricken student :lol:

Well, I wish I had a part time job... Even for students it's pretty hard these days to find a decent job here. Most "student jobs" offered are some sort of promotional jobs that are paid on commission only.
I used to work in a theatre for a while which was really nice. A dear friend of mine worked there as well. The cloakroom and the bar were our main "fields of activity". The job didn't pay well, but it was fun though... While we were working there, a famous transvestite gave his (her?!) performance every night, the audience was enthusiastic about the show, so the atmosphere was really good. :Spin: Obviously, the theatre found a service company that pays even less to its employees... - And now I'm "a poverty stricken student" again... :(

snow2fall said:
Well, I wish I had a part time job... Even for students it's pretty hard these days to find a decent job here. Most "student jobs" offered are some sort of promotional jobs that are paid on commission only.
I used to work in a theatre for a while which was really nice. A dear friend of mine worked there as well. The cloakroom and the bar were our main "fields of activity". The job didn't pay well, but it was fun though... While we were working there, a famous transvestite gave his (her?!) performance every night, the audience was enthusiastic about the show, so the atmosphere was really good. :Spin: Obviously, the theatre found a service company that pays even less to its employees... - And now I'm "a poverty stricken student" again... :(
awwwww im sorry to hear that

ah Maren I hope it will work with the new job u told me :) (so u can come to Greece as well :) )

I have a full time job, I'm an online editor... in my free time I'm writer for some mags and fotographer (I even sold a pic last year :) but its not a money thing, just a nice hobby)

Heh, heh, my part time job...well, you are all going to laugh at this, but I work at Burger King :loco: . They actually accomodate my university schedule pretty well (I only work dayshift two days a week). I have a few friends there that I hang out with, and the one boss is a drummer that's totally into music. It's not as hellish as it seems. I'm not going to work there forever. I also make some money here and there playing orchestra, wind band, and theater gigs (I'm a member of the local musicians' union). Some of those gigs pay $70 (I don't get them all the time, though).

@Dhatura: I'm taking a beginner ballet class now and I totally understand why dancers are in awesome shape; holy crap, what a workout :Spin:

im studying naval architecture...im supposed to build ships.

i write book reviews for a newspaper...i give guitar lessons to two students...
and im writing a novel in turkish.

thats all. im a posh get, really...compared to most of you.

MoonsOfJupiter said:
Heh, heh, my part time job...well, you are all going to laugh at this, but I work at Burger King :loco: .

Don't be ashamed, Burger King rules :headbang:. So tasty, a pity there are no Burger Kings in France :cry:.
I'm a metallurgist, doing my PhD and paid by the French nuclear energy agency.

im working in coffee shop..but its not quite just a coffee shop, its also a bit like a restaurant..but anyway, i love my job, and i wish i could work more..

MoonsOfJupiter said:
Heh, heh, my part time job...well, you are all going to laugh at this, but I work at Burger King :loco:

I have a black metal fanatic friend working in McDonalds, and he's doing it for five years now! I look up on him actually for being able to do this to earn money....

me, I'm a student, but I have some part time job as well. I work for a bead shop, I make keychain bead-animals for them. I don't get much money for these, but for me it's enough, not to mention it's much more than the money I pay for the beads and the line. And it's not an annoyance for me, I like to make things of bead and I have the patience as well (uh, wish I had for other things too), it's like a leisure-time activity for me, and I'm happy to see when someone buys one in front of my eyes, saying it's sweet and things like that. Not to mention I don't have to make them in a concrete time, I bring some in if I had the time to do some. They understand if I have exams and no time to work as well. Well, almost a year ago some other guy appeared, wanting to do the job next to me, but my boss said they already have a worker. So though I don't have to do anything in time, I don't play with them, as I want to keep this relationship :) Don't know when will I really need the money.
I really like this job because they never say 'must' to anything, I earn money with something I like and don't find compulsory; and I can create new things and can be happy as I see it's not only me who likes the new creations.

i am studyin business administration and sometimes writin book reviews. I depend on my parents for my expenses, which is very typical of a student in Turkey.