jobs

I'm working for a BSc Computer Science, and making my pocket money working at a wholesalers called Makro. It's actually not too bad, though every time a managerial post opens up, they leave all the competent Coventry supervisors where they are and import some hapless bell-end from elsewhere to take on the vacant role. The best thing is that we sell those boxes of sweeties that newsagents and supermarkets put on their shelves, so I can pick up 40 Mars Bars or a case of orange juice at wholesale prices on the way home :)

I always earned my money in university during my studies. Teaching younger students. Once I was paid for doing this kind of stuff but now I am doing my Ph.D. and I am only loosing time with teaching. I could need the time for experiments:erk:...

I don't think teaching is a waste of time. Actually, It depends on what you want to do after your PhD. In France, if you want to be a professor, you must have published a lot of articles and taugh in university.

Frodnat said:
I always earned my money in university during my studies. Teaching younger students. Once I was paid for doing this kind of stuff but now I am doing my Ph.D. and I am only loosing time with teaching. I could need the time for experiments:erk:...
same here, up to a couple of years ago
now i am a dr. at the psychology department trying to get some mathematics done :yell:

Well - i have i kinda ok job, i work in a blood bank.
Not bad, its nice & quiet on a night 'cos thers only the morgue next door, get paid to sit & listen to my tunes if theres no major trauma comes in! :)