Thinking of moving (long rant content)

If you're set on moving, you're set on moving, and California could just be tarnished because of your experiences there, but I have to say that your complaints with it are not at all complaints relative to California itself, but relative to people in general. A change of scenery is probably much needed and will help a lot, but it won't fix everything - there are other problems to be taken care of other than just location. I mean this in the least antagonistic way possible - it sounds to me like you have social/personal problems that need to be sorted out before anything else will get fixed.

I'll also say that if your experiences are largely based in Sacramento... there's your problem. Road trip down to SoCal and chill with me/the other forum dudes that are in the LA area (are there that many? shit), and it might open your eyes a bit!

If you're set on moving, you're set on moving, and California could just be tarnished because of your experiences there, but I have to say that your complaints with it are not at all complaints relative to California itself, but relative to people in general. A change of scenery is probably much needed and will help a lot, but it won't fix everything - there are other problems to be taken care of other than just location. I mean this in the least antagonistic way possible - it sounds to me like you have social/personal problems that need to be sorted out before anything else will get fixed.

I'll also say that if your experiences are largely based in Sacramento... there's your problem. Road trip down to SoCal and chill with me/the other forum dudes that are in the LA area (are there that many? shit), and it might open your eyes a bit!

its a lot of things. I have explored California, its a been there done that. I have been to SoCal a handful of times. I am more at that time in my life where I want to out beyond the state, and the conditions of the home front haven't quite helped. In no way am I tarnished, its my home state, and I will always love it and like I said couldn't see myself living somewhere else permanently even if i wanted to and did, a huge part of me would be homesick. Right now I am just at that age where I feel I need to get out and explore the world beyond what I am used to.

I will definitely have to go to SoCal and meet the Sneapeters down there and chat over a few brewskys, but I want to travel much further than 6 hours, I want unexplored territory.

Dude, I say go for it. I was born and lived most of my life in Venezuela, and I hate that fucking place, I´ve been living in Spain for 7months now, brought my Gf and married here, and now I´m a fucking happy camper. When you´re sick of a place and the people in it (I do miss my friends a lot, but the general population in venezuela is wothless shitbags) the best thing to do is make your plans and get the hell out. You can always go back if it doesn´t turn out like you wanted (or go somewhere else)

Dude, I say go for it. I was born and lived most of my life in Venezuela, and I hate that fucking place, I´ve been living in Spain for 7months now, brought my Gf and married here, and now I´m a fucking happy camper. When you´re sick of a place and the people in it (I do miss my friends a lot, but the general population in venezuela is wothless shitbags) the best thing to do is make your plans and get the hell out. You can always go back if it doesn´t turn out like you wanted (or go somewhere else)

I know what you mean. The only non-asshat I know is really my only friend, and we didn't go to school together because he hated the area so bad that he moved to a rich area in town with his dad and then did home schooling when he came back. Although he is a little bit more anti-social that I, we both agree the people we are surrounded by are complete d-bags. Whats even funnier is that I know that if I move, any of the three places I listed he would end up following me there to.

Speaking of jobs, I just got a call earlier for a job interview on Wednesday, possible making a shitload of ripping people off fixing their computers. You know most people may hate geek squad for that exact reason, but when you work for them, its golden to dupe stupid people.

Looks like the plan will be soon in motion, first on the list, car buying. :kickass:

Speaking of jobs, I just got a call earlier for a job interview on Wednesday, possible making a shitload of ripping people off fixing their computers. You know most people may hate geek squad for that exact reason, but when you work for them, its golden to dupe stupid people.

Looks like the plan will be soon in motion, first on the list, car buying. :kickass:

What's a shitload? As a bench tech or field tech?

I know what you mean. The only non-asshat I know is really my only friend, and we didn't go to school together because he hated the area so bad that he moved to a rich area in town with his dad and then did home schooling when he came back. Although he is a little bit more anti-social that I, we both agree the people we are surrounded by are complete d-bags. Whats even funnier is that I know that if I move, any of the three places I listed he would end up following me there to.

This is what concerns me and makes it obvious to me that the problem is not your location - there are asshats and douchebags EVERYWHERE, and they surround EVERYONE. Moving away from your town won't get you away from douchebags, it'll just bring you closer to new ones.

I guarantee there are a lot of cool people where you live, just like there are a lot of cool people anywhere. 80% of the world's population is retarded, though, so you'll also run into that. It really sucks having to sort through them all, but it's totally worth it and there's no way around it. You can't simply move and expect it to get any better. People are people, regardless of where you end up.

What's a shitload? As a bench tech or field tech?

I think its under the category as bench tech, analyzing, repairing and upgrading software and hardware on client's computers at an electronic store, pays around 15/hour plus additional percentage commission depending on how much you do/how much they charge for the service, gets customer support experience and would get me a car within the next year. Considering my last job was 25 hour a week at $8.85/hour, a 32 hour week $15+/hour is a shitload.

This is what concerns me and makes it obvious to me that the problem is not your location - there are asshats and douchebags EVERYWHERE, and they surround EVERYONE. Moving away from your town won't get you away from douchebags, it'll just bring you closer to new ones.

I guarantee there are a lot of cool people where you live, just like there are a lot of cool people anywhere. 80% of the world's population is retarded, though, so you'll also run into that. It really sucks having to sort through them all, but it's totally worth it and there's no way around it. You can't simply move and expect it to get any better. People are people, regardless of where you end up.

I should have said, it really isn't about feeling that I will get away from d-bags by all means, more of a, the town is so small I have met so many faces that I am seeing the same ones more often than seeing new ones, and I would rather sort through a whole new set faces. Sure I could move somewhere else in California sure, but since I have been in the state for so long and no vacation, I want to travel. The whole meeting new people isn't the biggest reason for me wanting to leave. If you read carefully one location has a girl waiting for me, which was the biggest reason for me deciding I wanted to get out, I have extended family there, and these miserable summer have worm me down, add that with the fact that it is almost downright impossible for me to pickup a career based job and the fact that I am tired of seeing the same faces more often than new ones, it just comes down to I need a change, nothing more.